Analog FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I am going to hookup an old analog KU band receiver tonight to my Coolsat 4000 Pro. Is there a certain (fulltime) KU analog transponder on any given satellite that would help me to setup the system?

Also, is it worth having an analog setup in addition to digital? Is there anything out there worth watching?

PopcornNMore said:
Also, is it worth having an analog setup in addition to digital? Is there anything out there worth watching?

Analog Ku can be alot of fun especially during college sports season. MAkes it alot of fun on Saturday mornings :)

AMC9 TP19 seems to have a test card up most the time

is it worth it? Does a bear take a dump in the woods?

HECK YEAH IT IS!!

Wait til August :)

I hooked an analog C/KU receiver to the IF out on my Coolsat 4000 Pro this weekend and looked for some analog signals. I was very disappointed and found only 1 channel that was showing a basketball game. The picture wasn't even clear and had many sparkles using my 76cm (30") Winegard dish. Did I do something wrong? It is hard not being able to switch polarization using the analog receiver or moving the dish.

If only FTA receivers had both analog and digital capabilities.

Popcorn

thats about right...unfortunatelly, right now there isnt much KU analog out there.
The basketball game (summer league) had sparkies in it, and that is due to the satellite being old or not enough power going out :)

Saturday night there was soccer on AMC9 and yesterday there was a womens soccer game on AMC9 analog too :)

(wait until next month....then you'll be happy you have it :D)

as for the poalrity thing, its slaved to the Coolsat so you have to switch polarity on the Coolsat

last night i found sky news channel and the accuweather guy just sitting around doing nothing.

i think the accu guy was on sbs6
and cant remember where i found sky news .. but it was cool

so you never know what you'll find on analog

Iceberg, yet another question I'm sure you can answer....I didn't have enough time this morning to mess around much with my new/old analog, but will I have to switch channel from H to V on my Pansat 2700 when I'm trying to find analog with my GI receiver. I found the test channel on AMC9 but I didn't pay attention to what channel (H or V) my Pansat was on at the time. Was I just lucky or will my GI change polarity as it changes channels between H & V?

Your polarity is controlled by the first receiver in line, so yes whatever polarity the Pansat is on the Analog will be on the same polarity.

for those who havent seen it, the TP19 test card

it just scroll sup the screen :)

Attachments

• IM000254.JPG
    IM000254.JPG
    331.4 KB · Views: 140
iceberg,

spoke to you a couple of weeks ago. i chave a 30" winegard dish. i was given 2 recievers as tips. they are:

1. uniden ust 4400 w/ videocypher II plus
2. homecable w/ videocypher rs and video pal

which do you recommend using?

both are good units for analog. The VC boards are useless unless you have a C-Band setup

I know a few people have the 4400...havent heard of the homecable one.

Iceburg, now that I have my FTA Dish up, I have a GI650. I have a Invacom Quad LNB so can I run a cable from the Linear connection of the LNB to the 650? Or is there a power issue there?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)