Analyst Predicts Dish, T-Mobile & Amazon Super Union

I think it is crazy that Ergen hasn't tried to adapt to the changing Cable/Sat dynamics, like... I don't know, creating a low cost IPTV service, like Sling. Yeah. Ergen should try something like that to adapt to the changing economics of television.;)
Another cheerleader heard from. :cheer
[david attenborough]And you can hear the Boo Birds and their calls every three months like clock work.[/david attenborough]

Rah rah rah...I'm a cheerleader of facts.

DTV/ATT lost even more subs (233,000), even with their partnership and bundling of services. It's a sign of the Pay TV times, nothing more and has nothing to do with Charlie and his decision making.
Read the financial section Don wrote about in the Publishers forum if you want to read what Dish itself thinks about this prospect. It says that a third party buyout of Dish is very hard to do , because of DISHs "ownership structure". Meaning Charlie has a controlling interest in the company, which makes it near impossible to partner with another company for a buy out of DISH.

Reactions: dishdude
Not necessarily a cheerleader, just pointing out that you and several others think you can do a better job than Dish's management team (including Charlie).

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

And I posted my feelings about the prospect of this deal of going through due to Charlie Ergens past behavior. The others all defend old Charlie like he craps gold . I don't see why this is such an issue . You don't agree with my opinion that's Fine. But I have now over 20 years of being a DISH sub, and as such I feel like we can discuss these things without every one getting upset. Will let time tell the story if Charlie can finally work a deal with the other two companies.

Read the financial section Don wrote about in the Publishers forum if you want to read what Dish itself thinks about this prospect. It says that a third party buyout of Dish is very hard to do , because of DISHs "ownership structure". Meaning Charlie has a controlling interest in the company, which makes it near impossible to partner with another company for a buy out of DISH.
As far as I remember those statements have been in there for a long long time.

I have talked to Charlie about selling out before and he admitted there were a few times he should have but got too greedy.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Amazon buy dish and rename it to Fire TV. With free basic service for Amazon Prime members. Built in Alexa in to the Hopper 4, and the ability to order things directly from your TV. As well as all the Amazon movies, and music etc...

It would be rather cool.

And then add in T-Mobile and it gets even cooler.

While I do see your point and I am not discounting this fact, that statement has been on every Dish 10Q and 10K for time immemorial. It is a disclosure required by the SEC due to the way that the voting shares of the corporation are distributed. It is nothing new.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: bmetelsky
Fair enough. But until Charlie addresses the ownership part of the company, w really can't get too excited about a buyout of DISH anytime soon.

As far as I remember those statements have been in there for a long long time.

I have talked to Charlie about selling out before and he admitted there were a few times he should have but got too greedy.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Amazon buy dish and rename it to Fire TV. With free basic service for Amazon Prime members. Built in Alexa in to the Hopper 4, and the ability to order things directly from your TV. As well as all the Amazon movies, and music etc...

It would be rather cool.

And then add in T-Mobile and it gets even cooler.
I think the OP article makes more sense as it doesn't require buying each other up, but just joining in a strategic union. Makes it much cheaper.

Reactions: TheKrell
And I posted my feelings about the prospect of this deal of going through due to Charlie Ergens past behavior. The others all defend old Charlie like he craps gold . I don't see why this is such an issue . You don't agree with my opinion that's Fine. But I have now over 20 years of being a DISH sub, and as such I feel like we can discuss these things without every one getting upset. Will let time tell the story if Charlie can finally work a deal with the other two companies.

Dude, you need to go back and read this thread again. You expressed your opinion of Ergen's past behavior and this business ability. I simply pointed out that in spite of that you still buy his product after 20 years. Then, you're the one who got bent out of shape, making personal attacks on me referencing how I should get a room to worship him. I don't give a rat's ass about Charlie Ergen, but it seems you sure have an issue about him.

You're not the only person entitled to express their opinion on this website, don't get your panties in a wad when people disagree with you.

Reactions: navychop and KAB
Without doing my due diligence and reading the entire thread, I need to say that I've been hearing about Dish and T-Mobile/Dish and Verizon, and it all adds up absolutely nothing...so far. Any actual evidence, or is this yet another example or someone's nerd wish?

I refer you all to the latest DISH sub numbers that we lost this quarter, 143,000 counting ... blah blah blah

Almost every TV subscription service has lost paying customers over the past 2 years. The only major exception is Concast and the only reason for that is that they bundle TV and Internet at a lower price than Internet alone. I know, I have that bundle, saved $20 per month and have never hooked up the TV box.

Dude, you need to go back and read this thread again. You expressed your opinion of Ergen's past behavior and this business ability. I simply pointed out that in spite of that you still buy his product after 20 years. Then, you're the one who got bent out of shape, making personal attacks on me referencing how I should get a room to worship him. I don't give a rat's ass about Charlie Ergen, but it seems you sure have an issue about him.

You're not the only person entitled to express their opinion on this website, don't get your panties in a wad when people disagree with you.

QFT

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Without doing my due diligence and reading the entire thread, I need to say that I've been hearing about Dish and T-Mobile/Dish and Verizon, and it all adds up absolutely nothing...so far. Any actual evidence, or is this yet another example or someone's nerd wish?

Up until a couple weeks ago any company that was going to partake in the spectrum auction was prohibited from talking with each other. Now that is over they can start planning buyouts and mergers,

Reactions: The Fat Man
Fair enough. But until Charlie addresses the ownership part of the company, w really can't get too excited about a buyout of DISH anytime soon.

Really, the only "ownership part" to address is whether or not Charlie wants to sell (if there's an interested buyer) since he controls 78% of the voting shares of the corporation.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Almost every TV subscription service has lost paying customers over the past 2 years. The only major exception is Concast and the only reason for that is that they bundle TV and Internet at a lower price than Internet alone. I know, I have that bundle, saved $20 per month and have never hooked up the TV box.
Same here. I'm sure I'm counted as a Comcast TV subscriber because I bundled limited basic TV with their internet to save $20. I never hooked up my TV receiver either. It sits in an unopened box in my closet.

But DISH has been losing subs for years now. He is not even making more profits to offset the losses. The point of diminishing returns has been met.

But we are talking about DISH being bought out or sold off not Echostar.

I think Scott's point was still relevant, in that Charlie would still have Echostar to play with and keep him occupied, so he might not be as averse to giving up control of Dish as part of an acquisition.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)