Status
Please reply by conversation.

stogie5150

Crazed Cajun Rebel
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Slidell,LA
I have a question. If I were to use a 22Khz switch on two receivers, if I hook one to the tone OFF input, and one to the tone ON input, does it matter what kind of receiver is on the OFF output?

Say for instance an analog C--band on the OFF port and a FTA receiver on the ON port? :confused:

I don't think that will work since the switch is not designed for two receivers like that, I don't think you can pass the 22Khz tone backwards.

22 Khz Switch
-----------------

Code:
[FONT=Fixedsys]               |----- (22Khz Tone On) ------ LNB 1
    STB -------|
               |----- (22Khz Tone Off) ----- LNB 2[/FONT]

I don't think that will work since the switch is not designed for two receivers like that, I don't think you can pass the 22Khz tone backwards.

22 Khz Switch
-----------------

Code:
[FONT=Fixedsys]              |----- (22Khz Tone On) ------ LNB 1[/FONT]
[FONT=Fixedsys]   STB -------|[/FONT]
[FONT=Fixedsys]              |----- (22Khz Tone Off) ----- LNB 2[/FONT]

How does the tone know which way its going? !sadroll

is this for the big dish , did you put the bsc621 up ?

with the bcs621 installed you would need something like this
add a receiver

if the corotor is still up there and the toshiba is controling the polarity then a high freq splitter with no dc pass (on one side) should be used ( no dc pass on the DVB receiver side) . for both sides c & ku

i don't think the 22k switch will work backwards but i'm not willing to try it either :)
i've had enough equipment failures lately lol

How does the tone know which way its going? !sadroll
Good question! ;)
I suppose the switch is designed with the circuitry that detects tone and switches between ports located on the side with the single connector. It would have be designed to isolate the tones from the side of the switch marked 0 and 22. Going backwards, the signal would hit the "blocking" mechanism and not "switch" the input because the circuitry to control the switching is located on the other side of the isolation.

is this for the big dish , did you put the bsc621 up ?

with the bcs621 installed you would need something like this
add a receiver

if the corotor is still up there and the toshiba is controling the polarity then a high freq splitter with no dc pass (on one side) should be used ( no dc pass on the DVB receiver side) . for both sides c & ku

i don't think the 22k switch will work backwards but i'm not willing to try it either :)
i've had enough equipment failures lately lol

I want to install the BSC-621.

I guess I need to make a diagram of what I am trying to do. I have TWO FTA receivers that I want to have access to C-band. Right now I have a coax going to my Disecq switch on the KU-band dish. And two more coaxes with my new install going to another room with the Toshiba ( if it ever gets here) and the Sonicview. I need to SPLIT the C-band output of the BSC-621, so I can send it to the diescq switch on my Ku dish, AND down the 'new' coax to my toshiba/sonicview. I am planning to install the BSC-621 C and Ku to the Sonicview, PLUS I need to feed the other receiver with C band. NO co-rotor.
I know I repeated myself but I hope y'all could follow that.:)

ok i tried it with my cband receiver on port 2 and my dvb on port 1 ( i'm a glutton for punisment)

if default is "on" for port #1 and "off" for port #2 then it worked and it failed
iT did pass video to both receivers at the same time
ok here's where it failed i didn't get to setup and set it to on on the dvb receiver so it was still receiving the channel while being set to "off" in setup

ok i tried it with my cband receiver on port 2 and my dvb on port 1 ( i'm a glutton for punisment)

if default is "on" for port #1 and "off" for port #2 then it worked and it failed
iT did pass video to both receivers at the same time
ok here's where it failed i didn't get to setup and set it to on on the dvb receiver so it was still receiving the channel while being set to "off" in setup

You wanna translate that for me? :D:)

Isn't the normal state OFF for a 22khz switch?

well its hard to explain

the way i tried it so settings were changed on the dvb which is on the "on" side of the 22k switch so with setup still set to off it was receiving signal

when it was set to "on" in set up the signal was lost on the dvb and it was sparadic like in and out poor signal on the c band receiver.

i would put this as the switch doesn't work backwards

just to check i places the c band receiver on port 1 and the dvb receiver on port 2 and
the c band receiver had a very poor picture unwatchable but you could tell something was there . the dvb receiver didn't get a signal in either on or off settings

well its hard to explain

the way i tried it so settings were changed on the dvb which is on the "on" side of the 22k switch so with setup still set to off it was receiving signal

when it was set to "on" in set up the signal was lost on the dvb and it was sparadic like in and out poor signal on the c band receiver.

i would put this as the switch doesn't work backwards

just to check i places the c band receiver on port 1 and the dvb receiver on port 2 and
the c band receiver had a very poor picture unwatchable but you could tell something was there . the dvb receiver didn't get a signal in either on or off settings

Ok I got it that time...:D
Thanks for taking one for the team. :up

I just don't like the one polarity at a time that the servo controlled-rotor makes me do. I guess the solution would be a LNB that has dual outputs, but I've never seen one for c band. If I had that I could use a multiswitch and the problem would be solved.

I just purchased the dual c-band lnbf from satav.. I'm so excited to have it on the way, I already ripped the bsc621 off and ran my wires this weekend. In the meantime, I'm borrowing a dual c-band lnb (corotor-style) so that I can do the multiswitch and enjoy c-band on multiple receivers.

I think I am gonna just grit my teeth and buy a splitter and keep the servo...maybe when the servo motor craps out I'll do something else.:D

Thanks to all for the help and ideas.:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)