Anchor dish base bolts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MountGilead

Original poster
Apr 2, 2021
Mount Gilead, Ohio
Five years ago the guys who installed my metal roof lag-bolted my dish base into the metal, then plywood and whatever else is below.

I can't access this area because it's so close to the eaves.

My dish wobbles when windy, resulting in sporadic signal loss - it's fine on calm days.

Instead of moving it, I thought I'd squirt liquidnails or the like in each hole, then reinsert the lag bolts.

Is this worthwhile?

Can you access the area under the eave where the dish is mounted? If you can temporarily remove a soffit piece to expose the underside of the roof decking, you could add a couple of lengths of 2x4 to span between two rafters and use longer lags to anchor the dish. Seal the bolts and mount well of course.

Five years ago the guys who installed my metal roof lag-bolted my dish base into the metal, then plywood and whatever else is below.

I can't access this area because it's so close to the eaves.

My dish wobbles when windy, resulting in sporadic signal loss - it's fine on calm days.

Instead of moving it, I thought I'd squirt liquidnails or the like in each hole, then reinsert the lag bolts.

Is this worthwhile?
Depending why it is wobbly would be the fix. If water has leaked in and the wood is rotted nothing will work to well....If they loosened up and the holes are to big you have options...Glue in some doll rods, maybe toggle bolts can bite enough?.....I dont think they make a plastic anchor large enough...
Lots of ways to try before boogering it up and ending up having to do it right all over again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)