And... I'm back.

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
Vernon, CT
Well, I feel like I've been around the world and back again. I've tried local HD cable service, had a really bad DirecTV install experience, and am right back where I started. With Voom. I swore I wouldn't be back. I shook my fist at the heavens, and lamented the lack of a DVR. Yep... that lasted a whole month. I've seen the dark underbelly of the HD world, and have to conclude that even if my only DVR options are using my Replays, its a far far better world than faulty hardware and an oval dish on a 30' mast (no, I am not kidding... the recent windstorms had it bent back about 25degrees). So welcome home the prodigal son, and I will admit that I shouldn't have been lured away by the glitzy lights of big city living.

-MP

Hey madpoet....glad to see you back. I almost went over to cable...but I looked over the HD lineup and came to my senses. I have DirectvHD...but its really nothing that I ever watch. Sometimes I watch HDNET but that one ch would never be enough for me. Im a VOOMer!!!

Welcome back madpoet, now you can help me scrutinize channel 700 while they tweak the new encoder.

MP is back. I didnt think he'd find greener grass, maybe in a few years. LMAO

Welcome back Poet.

Welcome back madpoet!

Hey, did VOOM let you re-activate your old STBs? Just curious...

vinnyv07 said:
Hey madpoet....glad to see you back. I almost went over to cable...but I looked over the HD lineup and came to my senses. I have DirectvHD...but its really nothing that I ever watch. Sometimes I watch HDNET but that one ch would never be enough for me. Im a VOOMer!!!
Sounds like me.. Only once in a while does the D* box go on and just for HDNET. I kinda got hooked on Hotlines.. :eek: for the educational value..

Ilya, they didn't give me any grief over it. I have to pay the current subscriber rates rather than my discounted $79.99, but I guess that was going to expire at the end of this year anyway.

One constant Replays...:) May not be Hd but with an X1 not too shabby...I still use mine all the time, in fact discovered that my 921 outputs to my Replay and its not Letterbox...Btw if the new Universal gets SG1's V* might get me also...

Welcome back madpoet. Now that you have come to your senses and realize that Voom is not the big bad "ogre" alot of people think it is. :)

I don't think it's an ogre... I think it's doomed for failure ;). But I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Apparently my reactivation is not as simple as the initial CS person told me it would be. I have to deal with the dreaded Accounting department, which means it could be up to 72 hours before they get turned back on. However... 1 of my boxes still works for all the channels I had before ;).

-MP

Welcome back!!! Don't worry about the lack of DVR, it will come together with the elliptical dish and the MPEG4/WM9 decorder card before TNT-HD is added to D* :D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)