I'm Happy with my Voom Service warts and all

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Threv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
I'm would like to keep this a mostly positive thread as those of you who want to say negative things have plenty of other threads to Bitch and moan on. (and rightly so....)

Just an update since my last postings. As I said in other postings I had some initial problems with installation (seems to be a common occurence.) But now that I've had it for a few weeks, my TV life is back to normal. My kids have not asked for the Nogin Channel (instead they like TANK) and I'm not missing G4Tech TV as much as I thought I would. PQ has been excellent on both SD and HD and my first bill arrived and it was correct and I have not had problems with Weather.
The HD content is very good (way better that the Adelphia and Comcast offerings on South Florida) and the PQ is is superior to the cable stations. I have a few friends who have the DirectTV offerings but they don't seem all that happy with the HD portion. Those that have come over say the VOOM picture looks better across the board. (They aren't ready to jump ship yet as D* and E* will ber offering more HD content "Real Soon".

I had some problems with the Audio on last nights Patriots/Dolphins Game on my SD TV, but my Sony HD TV running through my Yamaha Surround sound amp was beautiful! Ditto with West Wing. So I guess its Channel 10's problem. Now only if the SCI-FI Channel would broadcast in HD (waiting for Battlestar Galactica)

The Software for the STB's could use improvement esp. in the Program Planner and Favorites area. But is something that can be improved incrementally so I'm not worried. 95% of my TV viewing is Channel flipping so its no biggie. Once you get used to the new menus/style you don;t really notice.

I hear alot of people complain but it seems to be mostly local installer issues and OTA. Once that hurdle is overcome the rest is easy. Of course I might not be as picky as other folks on this board and I am more forgiving since I am an early adopter and recognize that any startup has problems. But thats me your Milage my vary.

Any other Happy Campers out there? (Esp in FLA)

Threv said:
I hear alot of people complain but it seems to be mostly local installer issues and OTA. Once that hurdle is overcome the rest is easy... Any other Happy Campers out there? (Esp in FLA)
Threv, the way it works, those who are having problems are more likely to post on Internet forums. And this is understandable. They either need help or just want to share their frustration.

It would be a mistake to conclude that most people are having problems or are unsatisfied with VOOM. On the contrary. Polls at this an other forums have shown again and again that absolute majority of us are happy or even very happy with VOOM. Happy VOOMing!

Hmm your right about that. Its the same thing with Restauraunts too, Eat at good one and you'll tell a couple of freinds, eat at a bad one and everyone will know about your displeasure. (Heck my first few posts were about my install issues!) But I just wanted to point out that I am a happy customer and that problems aside If you want HD content then VOOM is where its at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)