Voom turned my service off

Ti-maniac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2004
Voom turned my service off.

Why, because they insist I pay them by credit card. I will not do this. I simply have asked for a paper bill, and they refuse to send me one. I will be happy to pay them, but will not permit them to use my credit card because of all of the credit card abuse I have seen reported on this forum.

Fortunately, I converted to the lease program and got a refund on the equipment. The CSR did ask me about this. She said they would eventually send me a bill but in the mean time if I do not pay by credit card, I would not have any service.

Nice company.

Ti-maniac said:
Voom turned my service off.

Why, because they insist I pay them by credit card. I will not do this. I simply have asked for a paper bill, and they refuse to send me one. I will be happy to pay them, but will not permit them to use my credit card because of all of the credit card abuse I have seen reported on this forum.

Fortunately, I converted to the lease program and got a refund on the equipment. The CSR did ask me about this. She said they would eventually send me a bill but in the mean time if I do not pay by credit card, I would not have any service.

Nice company.
Payment by credit card are the terms of your agreement with Voom. Get over it.

Wow! If this is part of VOOM's new campaign to attract & retain subscribers...it's not working. Anyway, according to VOOM's own Customer Agreement they do in fact take checks and debit cards...and it common business practice mail a paper statement unless you request electronic billing.

"You will pay your bill by check, money order, credit or debit card, electronic funds transfer (when available), or such other payment method as we may accept, in our sole discretion. No "payment in full" notation or other restrictive endorsement written on your payments will restrict our ability to collect all amounts owed us."

I would be very careful about making a late payment since the VOOM Customer Agreement states, "You understand and agree that we may report any late payments or nonpayment to credit reporting agencies."

Good luck...

Do all you can to avoid giving them your cc #. You'll live to regret it if you cave in.
After all was said and done with my CC fiasco caused by Voom (which caused me to cancel my CC), Voom decided I was due a measly $11.25 refund.
I have since learned that a CREDIT can be applied to a CC account that has been cancelled.

Theyactually act as stupid as hell: I last my CCs in end of July and I got new ones within 3 days - and Voom NEVER EVER told me thay couldn't get their money.

2-3 weeks agoo sudden;y every channel disappeared... incapable people...

When I asked them why they have my email if not for these kinda purposes, the answer was "oh yeah, we definitely lok into this issue" - what???
In case you forgot you have a live service since LONG MONTHS, my friend, isn't this late a little bit? :shocked

T2k said:
Theyactually act as stupid as hell: I last my CCs in end of July and I got new ones within 3 days - and Voom NEVER EVER told me thay couldn't get their money.

2-3 weeks agoo sudden;y every channel disappeared... incapable people...

When I asked them why they have my email if not for these kinda purposes, the answer was "oh yeah, we definitely lok into this issue" - what???
In case you forgot you have a live service since LONG MONTHS, my friend, isn't this late a little bit? :shocked
Granted, VOOM's billing and accounting practices are suspect to say the least, but my wife and I reconcile our bills several times each week and keep a running tally of when our bills are due and when they are posted. Plus, the responsible thing to do when replacing a lost credit cards is to immediately contact your creditors to report the new credit card numbers in order to avoid such problems.

Sorry, but YOU are ultimately responsible for notifying your creditors of lost credit cards so you can't blame VOOM for your problem.

Seanb61 said:
Pay your bill you free loader! :) :)

I am not a free loader. I am more than happy to pay, given a simple invoice. I do not think this is asking for much, that is "Please send me the bill." I have never received a paper bill after numerous requests.

But my little protest will probably just damage my credit. So most likely in a week or so, after I do not receive anything, I will call and ask for an accounting, and send them a check.

However, I think my VOOM days are DOOMed. Does anyone know if they charge for an uninstall? Or can you ask them where to send the box?

riffjim4069 said:
Granted, VOOM's billing and accounting practices are suspect to say the least, but my wife and I reconcile our bills several times each week and keep a running tally of when our bills are due and when they are posted. Plus, the responsible thing to do when replacing a lost credit cards is to immediately contact your creditors to report the new credit card numbers in order to avoid such problems.

Sorry, but YOU are ultimately responsible for notifying your creditors of lost credit cards so you can't blame VOOM for your problem.

:confused:
I'm not talking about creditors or responsibility regarding cards.

I never heard about ANY provider which doesn't notify you before cut you off. They NEVER send me anything else than paid bills - I didn'g get unpaid bills, nothing, nil.

So, yes, its VOOM laziness, unprofessional internal setup, nothing else. It's yelling that they don't have the essential, experienced staff to run a real custormer relationship dept.

PS: I still like Voom, no proiblem here but don't make up their records. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)