My Confession Voom

Conjuror

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 4, 2004
As I said many times in previous posts, there is NO considerable HD market in the US at this time. Isn't Voom the best example for it?
In addition to that, me and very few others here repeatedly said that Voom will go away if it fails to significantly improve its HDPQ. Voom's PQ almost never matched well known HDNet's picture clarity which is why so many people dropped Voom after having it for a very short period of time.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the "Thank you VOOM! Thank you Mr. Dolan!" is one of the most ridiculous topics I have ever seen on this forum. Am I supposed to thank him because he tried to make even more money on us with the Voom project? Isn't he the one who supposed to thank us for supporting his idea and for giving him +/- $100 bucks every month for so-so PQ?
I'll tell you what, "Dolan-letter-writers" guys: Why don't you send him everything you have from your savings account to minimize his losses (if he personally suffered any)? I'm sure that would do.

Finally, I somehow knew that I will be one of the last Voomers (almost a year now) although many of you didn't think so. IMO, even toothless bitch is better than no bitch at all. Am I wrong?!

Conjuror said:
...Am I supposed to thank him...
No, you don't have to! You can just bitch instead... :rolleyes:

Voom's PQ almost never matched well known HDNet's picture clarity which is why so many people dropped Voom after having it for a very short period

Are you for real? Vooms picture quality is why they lost subscribers? Yea, the very FIRST thing I thought 7 days ago when I first saw RAVE and cranked up Dave Mathews to DD5.1 was "This sucks and I regret having this in my bedroom"

Come on. I admit to being a newbie Voomer and probably haven't had time to become jaded, but quality isn't Vooms weak spot. To me anyway.

Sorry, but the HDPQ argument doesn't cut it. We saw Direct and Comcast in both SD and HD this past weekend on an 8' screen using a DLP porjector better than ours and except for pixil size (ours are larger) VOOM delivers better PQ. Some channels were close but still not better than VOOM and my friend has a whole 20 HD (!) channels between two providers. My partner is still comparing our PQ as of a few minutes ago and still prefers VOOM. Oh yes, both projectors have been professionally adjusted for best PQ.

Still watching HDTV as I type this under foggy Seattle skies, Gill

Conjuror said:
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the "Thank you VOOM! Thank you Mr. Dolan!" is one of the most ridiculous topics I have ever seen on this forum.
Closely followed by "My Confession Voom". Where is there a confession? Since there is "NO considerable HD market in the US at this time", maybe it is time to conjure up an exit strategy and execute it.

Voom is able to provide better PQ cause they aren't streaming as many SD channels as say D*.

Conjuror, I'd have to agree with you abot the thank you thread (that was so pitiful it was funny), but you should have learned your lesson by now. You cant say anything negative about Voom on Voomguys.us otherwise you'll be pounced on by a bunch of die hard Voomers who love it so much they'll even keep watching when they stop transmitting.

Ncc1701 said:
Conjuror, I'd have to agree with you abot the thank you thread (that was so pitiful it was funny), but you should have learned your lesson by now. You cant say anything negative about Voom on Voomguys.us otherwise you'll be pounced on by a bunch of die hard Voomers who love it so much they'll even keep watching when they stop transmitting.

The reason they get pounced is they post inaccurate information about Voom. Your always going to have fanboys of a product no matter what it is.

DrWho said:
Voom is able to provide better PQ cause they aren't streaming as many SD channels as say D*.

Can you actually name some channels which D* has and V* doesn't. Then everybody will see if you have a point. :smug

joverstr2 said:
You talking to me? :smug
Nope. And I wouldnt call myself a fanboy either. I thought I called Voom as I saw it. But I did write a thankyou letter. They gave subs choices you cant get anywhere else.

Minsk1 said:
Can you actually name some channels which D* has and V* doesn't. Then everybody will see if you have a point. :smug
theres a ton. Latin channels, RSN's, sports subscriptions etc.

"Can you actually name some channels which D* has and V* doesn't."

NFL Sunday Ticket, that was being streamed in HD during the season, at least on games that were offering it.

NBA Season Pass.

NHL Season, though they are on strike.

15 Different FSN Sports stations from Across the USA, the bigger market FSNs.

Comcast sprots network out of Chicago, Mid-Atlantic and West.

All MLB games.

Pay Per View.100 Channels. I think Voom has maybe 1 Pay Per View Channel from when I last looked, could be wrong.

G4TV, BBCA.

7 Discovery Channels.

NASA TV.

devildogg said:
Don't forget to add 732 home shopping channels.
AND 733 religious channels featuring old guys with dyed hair asking for your money. :yes

OK,

For me, from channels you listed, there is only one (!) I am interested : my local Fox Sports Net. But again, it is for me only. All sporting events for me will be covered if V* had that one. I was sure they will add that channel until that deal with E*.
Because cable has this channel in HD fo me the best choice in after V* era will be TWC.

ddlsmith said:
AND 733 religious channels featuring old guys with dyed hair asking for your money. :yes

Ahh Robert Tilton....check him out in action on my website you won't be disappointed (broadband users only )
http://www.threvworld.com/Threvsworld/images/Godswill.mpg
http://www.threvworld.com/Threvsworld/images/Godswill2.mpg

I used to be a Dish Network Subscriber and While they do have more SD Channels I found out I can live very well without G4TechTV, and the Nasa Channel (stations I would like back If I could). But certainly don't miss any of the 100 shopping channels and other BS Programming. (and Tier Options Want Fox news, you'ver got to up your Sub...What a joke) The only one that gets missed is Noggin but for the rest of it.... Feh! I get my via FSN FL and Sunshine Network Marlins Basball, Panthers Hockey (lockout not withstanding) Miami Dolphins etc. I'm sorry that FL got its RSNs and others don't but I guess that will be moot soon.

GOODBYE VOOM I'll miss you when your gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts