Interesting Story About My Voom

pc832

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
Sorry for the length of this post but ALL of you will find this interesting. (The ending is the best)

I was formerly a dishnet "tester" but got fed up with key changes, rom3's, and digilocks. So I decided to go legit. After much research I decided on VOOM for the HDTV experience.

This was a nightmare. I had to get a land-line installed before they would schedule a install (i use my cell for my home#) I scheduled both installs for the same day but the phone company cancelled on the day of the install and when the VOOM installer arrived he said "you don't need a phone".

Great news, I thought, and cancelled the phone install. The VOOM installer was such a retard I had to program and get the receiver activated. He also installed the HD antenna incorrectly so I could not get local HD channels and had to call to reschedule the antenna install.

Well, the day came and went and no one showed nor did anyone call. Needless to say I was beyond pissed after taking the time off from work for these installs. I called and told them I wanted it shut off and my subscription canclled. They assured me I would not be charged because I had it less than 30 days and scheduled a time for them to pick up the equipment for the following weekend. All the time the equipment is still connected (they connected it, they can disconnect it)

That thursday I had a death in the family and had to go out of town. I phoned the CSR reschedule the pickup. They told me thier system shows the equipment as being picked up already and the account closed but will schedule another pickup anyway.

Well, that day came and went and still NO ONE SHOWED. All the while I still have VOOM up and running.

So, long story short I've been enjoying VOOM free due to thier poor follow-through...and giggling like a school girl reading these posts. I figured I could say something now that VOOM is gone March 31.

real ethical person

pc832 said:
Sorry for the length of this post but ALL of you will find this interesting. (The ending is the best)

I was formerly a dishnet "tester" but got fed up with key changes, rom3's, and digilocks. So I decided to go legit. After much research I decided on VOOM for the HDTV experience.

This was a nightmare. I had to get a land-line installed before they would schedule a install (i use my cell for my home#) I scheduled both installs for the same day but the phone company cancelled on the day of the install and when the VOOM installer arrived he said "you don't need a phone".

Great news, I thought, and cancelled the phone install. The VOOM installer was such a retard I had to program and get the receiver activated. He also installed the HD antenna incorrectly so I could not get local HD channels and had to call to reschedule the antenna install.

Well, the day came and went and no one showed nor did anyone call. Needless to say I was beyond pissed after taking the time off from work for these installs. I called and told them I wanted it shut off and my subscription canclled. They assured me I would not be charged because I had it less than 30 days and scheduled a time for them to pick up the equipment for the following weekend. All the time the equipment is still connected (they connected it, they can disconnect it)

That thursday I had a death in the family and had to go out of town. I phoned the CSR reschedule the pickup. They told me thier system shows the equipment as being picked up already and the account closed but will schedule another pickup anyway.

Well, that day came and went and still NO ONE SHOWED. All the while I still have VOOM up and running.

So, long story short I've been enjoying VOOM free due to thier poor follow-through...and giggling like a school girl reading these posts. I figured I could say something now that VOOM is gone March 31.

first you steal dish signals by intentional hacking, then voom signals due to their mistake

jeslevine said:
first you steal dish signals by intentional hacking, then voom signals due to their mistake

Uh............nope. :smug I tested and was communicating in every way with VOOM. I've done everything but unplug the damn thing to get them to disconnect it. Oh, well. :cool: :rolleyes: :cool:

Yes, you are a real prince. Perhaps some day an identity theft hacker will "test" out using your id, credit cards, etc.

Amphicar770 said:
Yes, you are a real prince. Perhaps some day an identity theft hacker will "test" out using your id, credit cards, etc.

Perhaps...then again, perhaps not. :neener

The only thing is to bad for the installer that said he pick these up and didn't now he is respondable for them and will have to pay for them when it is all said and done.

maybe

pc832 said:
Uh............nope. :smug I tested and was communicating in every way with VOOM. I've done everything but unplug the damn thing to get them to disconnect it. Oh, well. :cool: :rolleyes: :cool:

but you were stealing the dish signal. don't use the B.S. that you were "testing". that is an another name for stealing

sorry

TheTimm said:
Got it. Already corrected myself and deleted my "?". I was referring to his free Voom.
I spoke too soon, I did not mean to push the point

TYORK said:
The only thing is to bad for the installer that said he pick these up and didn't now he is respondable for them and will have to pay for them when it is all said and done.

The installer never did anything. The CSR did it, I think. If it makes you guys feel better I still didn't get the antenna fixed. sheesh :rolleyes:

Thanks "The Timm".

Everyone just stay in your bubble. Didn't know this stuff could upset you guys so much since I DID NOTHING WRONG. Why should I continue to WASTE my time with appointments they don't keep. Didn't know I was in the presence of so many saints.

I know ALL of you called to report your getting STRZHD and STRZHDP for free. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:p You must all be democrats since your so perfect :p

TheTimm said:
Got it. Already corrected myself and deleted my "?". I was referring to his free Voom.
Okay, Okay. What's done is done. I've seen the err in my ways. I hearby publicly apologize. I tried to subscribe.

pc832 said:
Everyone just stay in your bubble. Didn't know this stuff could upset you guys so much since I DID NOTHING WRONG. Why should I continue to WASTE my time with appointments they don't keep. Didn't know I was in the presence of so many saints.

I know ALL of you called to report your getting STRZHD and STRZHDP for free. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:p You must all be democrats since your so perfect :p
I don't think anyone really has a major problem with the Voom part of your story -- with the exception of sympathy for the installer who may be out some money (but that's not your fault, IMO). If you wouldn't have mentioned the part about stealing the Dish signal I doubt if anyone would have been bothered much.

TheTimm said:
I don't think anyone really has a major problem with the Voom part of your story -- with the exception of sympathy for the installer who may be out some money (but that's not your fault, IMO). If you wouldn't have mentioned the part about stealing the Dish signal I doubt if anyone would have been bothered much.
Agreed. Just thought it was the gripping factor in the story, you know, a page turner.

I'm not proud of the fact, but I'm proud of the accomplishment. It's not easy to "test" but it was a FUN challenge. I enjoy stuff like that. I never really meant to keep it, just to see if I could do it. Hell, I've even built a working PC in my truck. www.mp3car.com

pc832
Yeah, enjoy! Like I always say, if you find the door to the store unlocked because the employee forgot to lock up when he left the night before. Help yourself to their goods with impunity! Their mistake and your gain! :rolleyes: How can you look yourself in the mirror? Hope you are sterile and your morals, or lack of, end with your generation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)