wow...VOOM has some Customer Service

droolman7

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
so heres my story. Voom called today to verify my install, which was weird i thought, i figured the install company would. So anyways, it was basically a courtesy call and then they asked if there was anything else they could help me with with. so iasked to make sure my 2 free months of the movie channels was on it. they said no and i was confused cause i called them about it 3 days ago and they were suppose to add it. they apologized and asked me to hold on for a min. i did. they came back and sais they had a problem. while adding it, they accidentally disconnected my account! i was kinda upset. they said i would have to call them back and talk to sales and set up a new one. hell with that i thought.i told them i was already on the phone with them and they should take care of it. this all started at 1130 am my time.so they transferred me over to someone that could help. its noon now. nothing has been resolved. then after being on hold ofr 10 mins, a new person comes on. she apologizes and says she is gonna credit me with 45 bux on my account. i was kewl with that. but then she asks me when i would like it installed. i was like...uh the first....my original day! she was like thre is nothing open until the 8th in my area. ok now im pissed.

so i went a few rounds with her. she said hold on AGAIN. i did. its 1230 now. she gets back on after about another 15 mins of me holding. she said she contacted the install dept and they will attempt to get me back on my orginal date since the equip has already been sent out. i said not good, i want a definte answer. she said ok, hold on again. 1245. she comes back. she says ill have to call the 800 # and talk to install to explain my problem. i say...not my problem. she says yes thats true. i agree. hold again. not kidding, 115! 30 mins of holding. she comes back. im sorry, we cant seem to retrieve your account info and i realize its a different person. im really mad now. they transfer me. i get some supervisor.

ok its about 130 now. she finally retreives my account. she apologizes alot. she puts me on hold for about 15 mins. she comes back about 145-150. she says she confirmed my install for the same time as the promise. im happy now. but there is a problem. the original equip they sent out was for my old account #. so they wont be able to activate it properly. ok im beyond mad. i complain some more, i get transfered to her supervisor. a guy comes on the line, apologizes, sets eveything up to how it originally was, install date and first equip are fine, said the gurl before was incorrect about saying that.

so....its about 2pm. 2 1/2 hrs battling with them. this is what i end up with. same install time, free 45 in credit and a new account #.

this is not a complaint. this is me saying thank you to voom for being awesome and taking all this special attention to me to make me happy. i appreciate them for this and i think all should know how they busted there ass's to make the customer happy. way to go Voom...you are #1 in my cool book!!!!!!! :D

Wow. Glad you're happy - that's the important thing - but I doubt if they're gonna use your story as a testimonial in any upcoming ads! :D

Wow

I would sign you up in a Heartbeat great post would be good for a Voom Commercial may we hear other good news from Voomers. I am glad i got Voom best HD out there even my 25 Inch Tv looks nice and it is not even HD, keep up the good work Voom. :D

Please post again after VOOM performs your scheduled-canceled-rescheduled-canceled-scheduled install. I am sure after it took them two and a half hours to set up an install on the phone that the far more complicated process of installing and activating the receiver will go off without a hitch.

Hey, J, what is your added value here? I am not sure I get the 'info' you post over and over. There's really no additional informative value. Some installs go bad, we all know that, but over and over and over, your personal view doesn't really add value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts