And the "significant other" thinks?

My husband is the technically challenged one in our house, and he is NOT adjusting well to the change AT ALL :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Back when I sold and installed this stuff, I would try and insist that the wife stay while I am demonstrating the new toys and give her lots of eye contact.

My partner once asked, "How come you insist on teaching the wife?" I answered, "Because the husband is not listening and just wants the remote. SHE is listening and when hubby screws it up she will say, 'Eddie TOLD you how to work it'! ...so we're off the hook". :D

We don't have the Hopper 3, but do have the new interface on our Hopper w/Sling and Joey. Our six-year old thinks it's "neat", our 14-year old daughter thinks it's "sooooo ugly", and our son and my wife have had zero comments whatsoever. They, like me, just use it and don't resist change. They use the guide to select channels, use the DVR menu to get to recordings, and otherwise, pause/rewind/FF/play... They don't poke around in the menus, use any of the apps, etc, etc.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I bought my wife her own remote for our HWS. She never uses it. I program everything and choose what to watch. She either watches it or reads her Kindle. If there is a program that she sees the previews for and wants it recorded. She tells me and I take care of it. She can turn the tv and HWS on and off, but that's it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I program everything and choose what to watch. She either watches it or reads her Kindle. If there is a program that she sees the previews for and wants it recorded. She tells me and I take care of it. She can turn the tv and HWS on and off, but that's it.

This is close to the relationship that my wife has with the television and DISH equipment. It works out nicely.

The fact that the TV comes on AND switches to the 4K Joey when she presses the Sat button on the remote (40.0) made the transition a win-win. Now I can watch the AppleTV and turn off the set without worrying about her trying to figure out if she needs the Soby remote, the AppleTV remote, or the Dish remote to watch her shows.

PrimeTime AnyTime also went over big. We just need to tweak some timers so we keep more series that we want instead of getting behind and having it fall off the PTAT 8-day window.

We've had H3 for a week and a day. She uses out harmony one remote and said the new guide was ugly once and since then has said nothing. And we have used it every night quite a bit, including the super bowl. Again nothing except "what do you want to watch next?". To me that says it all.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
My wife said exactly the same thing the day it was installed. She hasn't mentioned it since. We also use a Harmony remote so no issue with the new remote.

Reactions: scottk52
We don't have the Hopper 3, but do have the new interface on our Hopper w/Sling and Joey. Our six-year old thinks it's "neat", our 14-year old daughter thinks it's "sooooo ugly", and our son and my wife have had zero comments whatsoever. They, like me, just use it and don't resist change. They use the guide to select channels, use the DVR menu to get to recordings, and otherwise, pause/rewind/FF/play... They don't poke around in the menus, use any of the apps, etc, etc.

That's how my wife is and usually how I am. The only reason I really mess around with anything on it is to test and report it on here. It's one of the reasons I have so few problems.

That's how my wife is and usually how I am. The only reason I really mess around with anything on it is to test and report it on here. It's one of the reasons I have so few problems.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I use to sell and install home theaters. I'm sure this forum is an exception, but it was my experience that even though men loved this stuff, they usually didn't understand a lick of it. The wife hated the stuff, but would understand it if I explained it to them. Much, much better than the men. (Must be a right brain / left brain thing)

I was an early, early dealer of Harmony remotes (long before Logitech bought them) and sometimes I would pad the price of a system and "give" them a Harmony all pre-programmed for their system. Saved a lot of late night phone calls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)