Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Today is the day we have drawn our winner for the Fortec Mercury II Free To Air Receiver courtesy of our friends at Sadoun Satellite Sales.

The way the winner was draw was I printed out all enteries receivers and threw them in a bag.

I then picked out one sheet of paper from the bag at random then dropped it on the floor. I then stood above the paper and droppped a felt tip magic marker down on the paper, the one it landed on and made a mark was the winner.

So now I am happy to announce the winner of this fantastic giveaway courtesy of our friends at Sadoun, and that winner is DRHYDRO.

Congrats DrHydro, I will be PMing you for your shipping address so that the kind folks from Sadoun can get your new Fortec Mercury II receiver out to you asap!

I would like to thanks the folks from Sadoun for making this special giveaway possible, and I would also like to announce that we are proud to announce that Sadoun Satellite Sales has signed on for another year as one of our premiere gold sponsors!

Thank you to Sadoun and that you to everyone who entered, I do hope we can do this again soon. :)

Congrats DRHYDRO!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Thanks Scott, I am psyched, your pm made my day :D If you folks could just see the smile on my face...............

As I have said for a long time, this site and all the people on it rock!!

DrHydro
I guess you'll be maxing out those 4x4 switches for your setup, huh :)
Hopefully you have a 4th 4 way diseqc for your setup

I have a feeling that i am going to be changing some stuff around now lol. I will need another diseqc switch, but those are fairly cheap.

I am going to put the 2700 that is in my living room in my daughters bedroom so she can get all the ac-3 channels she cant get now, and put the satworks downstairs, where currently the only tv reception is OTA . It will be nice to have all the tv's on my FTA system :-D

I cant wait to check this STB out and write a review on it, I have a feeling that i am really going to like some of the features that the Fortec has to offer, esp the front menu buttons since my wife is great at missplacing remotes.

Last edited:
DRHYDRO

Congrats. We got your address information from Scott, and we will ship you the New Fortec Mercury II as soon as the new stock hit the Sadoun dock.

To those who did not win this prize, you have a chance to enter on our forums for another one of these receivers (see details here).

Good luck to all. Satelliteguys.us rocks.

I have a feeling that i am going to be changing some stuff around now lol.
Good thing you weren’t all the way done with hooking everything up :D

I am going to put the 2700 that is in my living room in my daughters bedroom so she can get all the ac-3 channels she cant get now, and put the satworks downstairs, where currently the only tv reception is OTA . It will be nice to have all the tv's on my FTA system :-D
Same here. Have to finish up in a couple rooms..You might want to get some diplexers and diplex in the OTA to the FTA system.

I cant wait to check this STB out and write a review on it, I have a feeling that i am really going to like some of the features that the Fortech has to offer, esp the front menu buttons since my wife is great at missplacing remotes.
That’s what I like about my Fortec Classic. Front control buttons

Good idea about the OTA and diplexors, now that I have some 3x4 switches :) it will be easy to add my OTA into my setup so that we can watch our locals without having to disconnect/ reconnect different coax's.

I am really psyched about winning this, way cool :D

Doc
The 3x4 switches will allow you to integrate the OTA in but you still need one on each receiver to split it to satellite & OTA...and then to watch OTA just turn box off (or press sat/tv)

Cool part is it should work through Diseqc switches...havent tried it in a while

:D post 1000, in the same thread and on the same day that I win an awesome reciever from Sadoun, now how cool can it get? Thanks for being here satelliteguys, you folks got me addicted to this wonderful hobby, and now your feeding my addiction even more :D

drhydro said:
:D post 1000, in the same thread and on the same day that I win an awesome reciever from Sadoun, now how cool can it get? Thanks for being here satelliteguys, you folks got me addicted to this wonderful hobby, and now your feeding my addiction even more :D
Dang, I passed 1000 and didn't even notice when it happened. Ack!

I am sure you will enjoy your new toy, congrats on being addicted to something legal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.