Android and Verizon Official

mloebl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
MA
Verizon Promises Android Phones with Google Voice Support

Based on today's official announcement after months of rumors of Google + Verizon working together (surprising after the 700mhz fight), what do people think? I am considering switching from WinMo over to Android (honestly not an Apple person, but that's a whole other thread...) I'm hoping they don't cripple it like they normally do and keep the GPS and don't neuter the Google Voice abilities. My 6800 is getting a bit long in the tooth, hoping it holds out until they come out with a decent phone.

I'm a long time CE/PocketPC/WinMo user, but thinking of making the switch if Verizon doesn't screw it up. Anyone else?

-Mike

I've been eyeballing that HTC TP 2 with verizon, but to be honest, my 6800 is doing quite well. I am especially pleased with it's ability to do everything I demand of it to date. The BT 2.0 was part of the answer. I'm eligible now for the upgrade but decided to just sit tight for now to see what new technology is coming out in 2010.

I thought this statement was funny!:

Verizon plans to support Google Voice, saying you either have an open device or you don't

I found that statement pretty funny too about being open. I really don't want to go over to the dark side and get an iPhone. My 6800's battery is starting to go, it has the annoying white spot in the lower left, and I really want a bit more reliable (free) GPS.

Hoping to hear more soon from VZW.

-Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)