android app crashes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

matty8199

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
I'm unable to do pretty much anything via the android app. I always get 'DirecTV has stopped' message and the app restarts...this is while attempting to do anything. Happens when trying to schedule recordings, watch TV, look at the guide... Doesn't matter what it is.

My friend doesn't have this issue so it must be something going on with my phone, but I've tried everything I can think of to fix it with no luck...uninstall / reinstall, clear data, clear cache, logout and log back in...nothing works.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? I'm pulling my hair out trying to resolve this and not having any luck...

disclaimer: my phone is rooted, and when i posted this question on another forum they basically told me to pound sand and just about called me an idiot for even thinking about trying to root my phone and/or use a rooted phone to use the directv app (along with their usual nonsense about it being against the TOS). not sure why this is such a big deal, but wanted to throw it out there in case it's actually relevant...my old phone was rooted as well and the app worked fine.

Last edited:
For what's is worth, I had to uninstall the app from my Android because it kept crashing on its own. I wasn't even opening the app but I was getting an error message saying that the app had crashed. Never had this problem before and I was able to use it just fine. It's gone from my phone now.

For what's is worth, I had to uninstall the app from my Android because it kept crashing on its own. I wasn't even opening the app but I was getting an error message saying that the app had crashed. Never had this problem before and I was able to use it just fine. It's gone from my phone now.

i'd be fine with this if there was a way to schedule recordings from the mobile site, but i couldn't find one...is it out there?

that being said, i'd love to know if there really is a reason it's crashing on my phone or if it's random. like i said, my friend has no issues on his phone.

If you can get into recovery try clearing cache and dalvik. Remove the program first then reboot to recovery, clear and reboot / install.

I haven't been to the website in a while, but i use to be able to schedule Recordings on thevsitevwithout any issue.
I haven't used the app on my phone lately as I just got a new phone this past weekend.

i think this might have something to do with still being on 4.4.2...i haven't had a chance to update to 4.4.4 yet since i have to flash stock recovery in order to do it and just haven't gotten around to it (i'm stock except for running xposed). i pulled out my old galaxy nexus last night that's on 4.4.4 and the app works fine...

i'll try clearing cache/dalvik first, if that doesn't work then i'll update to 4.4.4 and see if that resolves it. will keep everyone posted here...thanks for the advice everyone.

The latest update to the app seems to have resolved my issues thus far (knock on wood)...no crashes since the update.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)