Android on iPhone?!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Just like Macs can boot Windows 7 (even without any Apple software running like BootCamp), iPhones can boot Android!
Linux on the iPhone

It is early alpha-level software but seems very capable and can recognize and use all iPhone hardware components.

So, if you know what DIY stands for, like iPhone hardware but are not a fan of "walled gardens", this should be on your to-do list.

Just another way to stick-it-to-the-man...:)

Diogen.

I'd rather just have a true android phone. Besides, a true android phone will likely be cheaper than an iPhone and I don't have to worry about updates and apps not working because of the weird system they are on..

Well, I didn't mean this is a better Android handset.

But considering many people will have their iPhone contracts expire this year, being able to try Android on the handset would be something of interest to many of them, I think...
Even if only using as a PDA on WiFi (to prevent whatever bricking options Apple has up its sleeves).

Diogen.

I don't get the advantage either. What makes an iphone great for many people is the entire Apple system, not just the hardware.

Also, according to the most recent earnings report from AT&T, many are not signing up for a contract renewal and paying month to month. The speculation is they are looking to jump ship to Verizon and don't want to be locked into another 2 year contract.

The one advantage the iphones have over any of the android phones in that class is price. iphones can be had for very cheap these days. My daughter hot hers from the Apple store for $49. A refurb but works great.

iphone is still even with the disadvantage of ATT, the most popular phone having sold 8.8 million in the first qtr.

What makes an iphone great for many people...
...makes it a piece of junk for me.

Who said this is for people who are in love with iPhone ecosystem?

This is what I said:
...if you know what DIY stands for, like iPhone hardware but are not a fan of "walled gardens", this should be on your to-do list.

Get the difference?

Diogen.

...makes it a piece of junk for me.
Me too but then I like what I have and would never own an iphone for the reasons so many love it.

Who said this is for people who are in love with iPhone ecosystem?

I did! There are many, infact most with iphones I know don't fit your profile but rather the millions who chose iphone and the Apple way.

This is what I said:

Get the difference? Yes, I understand the DIY mindset. I'm closer to that than those many iphone users. I just don't think those who chose iphone are so much in love with the formfactor as they are the Apple system, even if they have to put up with poor performance of ATT over the years.

Diogen.

I happen to work very hard at trying to understand the Apple mindset and cult mentality. It's important for other things I do with Apple as a company. I am just willing to acknowledge the impact it has . I have yet to hear from them that the iphone hardware is what made them go with the iphone. That includes Scott. It's the ease of use he and everyone else loves. ( The Apple way) This is the OS and the itunes simplicity. Me, I like to play too much to be an iphone owner. Bottom line- other than a curiosity thing, I feel this android running on an iphone wont be a big deal. However, I look forward to you or others trying it and reporting here how good or bad it is. :) Mainstream... no way.

I'm not sure I'd say they are the majority, but there are a ton of 'Apple people' that think Apple is cool in the same ignorant way that people thought AOL was good enough for an ISP. They just don't know better, and stick to what they know.

I happen to work very hard at trying to understand the Apple mindset and cult mentality.
And this is more puzzling to me than my love for numbers (without profiting off of this love) is puzzling you...

To me Apple is a cult akin scientology. It is a psychotic twist on religion, hence, rational discussion is not an option.
I have zero interest to anything that cannot be discussed rationally.

They have and make lots of money. Have great engineers. Even God himself in their midst.

They have some good hardware. MacMini is one of them. iPhone is another.
Taking this hardware and make it work outside that narcissistic hissy-fit religion is a good thing in my books.

I welcome any research on this subject and plan to share its discoveries...

Diogen.

To me Apple is a cult akin scientology. It is a psychotic twist on religion, hence, rational discussion is not an option.
I wouldn't go quite that far. At least Apple users aren't part of a pyramid scheme whose members threaten to sue you if you talk badly about them. Still, that doesn't mean that being higher than that is much of an accomplishment. That's like having an insect that's less gross than a cockroach.

Apple does make some good things like the Mac Book pro love it. Then Apple misses like that stupid IPAD I tried it hate it!!

And Google Android will give Apple a run for its money.

Well, owning a MacBook Pro was a bad move for me as it really is a piece of poorly constructed over priced junk. Have you tried to replace the hard drive yet? Good luck and about 2-3 hours work. It is a mess to get to. Compare to my Dell xps M1210, that runs rings around the MacBook Pro in every respect! Swap out the hard drive in a Dell and it is simply 4 screws to remove the caddy and pop out the caddy and you slide in the new drive. I've even repaired the mother board fan assembly for $14.99 on my wife's M1330 and 10 minutes work. I'd hate to do that on the Mac Book.

diogen- the reason I do try to understand the cult mindset is so I can predict the stock move on new products. I made the cost of my ipad and then some on it when it was announced by understanding this mentality. There was a day for aol and I have a friend who is a millionaire because of it. The huge difference with anything Apple today, is they understand the market better than you do. They recognize that people, the buying public want this tech stuff but don't want to understand or jump through hoops to have what it offers. Steve Jobs leadership gives them this product and this is why it has done so well. Not saying others can't do as well but Apple is king of this way of building and selling tech. If you recognize there is a whole market for tech like this, it is silly to fault them just because you or I want what the other side offers. As far as ipad is concerned, I wanted exactly what it offers. Would be nice to have a few extras but Apple is listening and, in their own way will be making that available. In the meantime, I enjoy everything about my ipad except the screen glare. The more I use it and share with others the more I find it can do rather than can't. I also look forward to these competitive devices. Who knows, the second pad device may be an android one for me. I'll have to wait and see before a decision can be made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)