android phone will not let me access this site

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
when I try I get "forbidden"

the other day I tried to sign in on my android phone & there was a key shaped icon
I think that I pressed that to see what it did & now I can't access this site on my phone
but I can on my computer
what do I need to do to correct my phone?

thanks

Thats a strange one. I don't know what a key shaped icon is, nor do I have an Android phone.

Make sure on the phone you are coming to satelliteguys dot us not some other address.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I don't know what a key shaped icon is, nor do I have an Android phone.
OK, I don't normally browse SG using my phone, but I fiddled with it to see what bnewt is talking about. There is indeed a horizontally oriented key just to the right of the SG logo.

I had no luck figuring out where to log in, so I clicked on that key. Voila! It allowed me to log in and also claimed SG had compromised my password and wanted me to change it. I cancelled out of that nonsense and went to Forums. No more key.

Bnewt, I do not know what happened to your phone, but clicking on the key should not make SG inaccessible. I'm running Android 8.1.0. Should have been 9.something but Motorola, now that they're owned by Lenovo, keep worsening my experience. :mad:

I tried going to SG from my work PC where I haven't logged in in months... The key shows up there as well, this time in the horizontal blue sticky banner. Once I logged in using the username/password stored within FF, the key vanished just as it did on Android.

Ahh the key is to login. You don't see it when your logged in.

The Password Compromised message shows up in Chrome to let you know that password has been used / seen / compromised on other sites. (I wish you could shut that off in Chrome... it keeps telling me my password has been compromised on 99 sites... For sites I dont care about and dont care about security I use the same password so if I ever go back to them its easy for me to get back in. But I use highly secure passwords on sites I want security for.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)