Android tablet advice *Need a keyboard cheap

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Anyone suggest any apps or stuff that would be good for a new android tablet owner?
I am getting one soon and would like some app suggestions.

I have a question...can you run the Apps installed on your mobile phone on your tablet or do you have to buy them again? I would assume they would download/install since I would be using the same Gmail account. :confused:
If you use the same account they transfer over. You don't need to buy them again.

Anyone suggest any apps or stuff that would be good for a new android tablet owner?
I am getting one soon and would like some app suggestions.

you'll pretty much run the same apps as the ones on your phone. apps like games will be better for sure on the tablet. you will like the stock app mynet. it gets on your network allowing you to access all your pics music and videos on your pc.

It's going to depend heavily on your intended usage.

I have tools like vnc/rdp viewers, ash server, ssh clients, serial port tools, MS office alternatives etc.

I have some games and a print tool as well.

Short of VPN for work net access, I could use my Tablet for 95% of my work functionality. The last 5% is Visio and I cant find a substitute for it.

As someone mentioned, the Amazon free app of the day can be good stuff or not so good stuff. But definitely worth the daily check.

Use the same Gmail account for your Tablet and use your existing Amazon account for Tablet and phone and they will both have access to everything.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks everybody.

John, I might actually use it for some of the same stuff you do. I am a computer geek too. ;)

It's going to depend heavily on your intended usage.

I have tools like vnc/rdp viewers, ash server, ssh clients, serial port tools, MS office alternatives etc.

I have some games and a print tool as well.

Short of VPN for work net access, I could use my Tablet for 95% of my work functionality. The last 5% is Visio and I cant find a substitute for it.

As someone mentioned, the Amazon free app of the day can be good stuff or not so good stuff. But definitely worth the daily check.

Use the same Gmail account for your Tablet and use your existing Amazon account for Tablet and phone and they will both have access to everything.

Check out an app called DroidDia. It's a diagramming app for Android similar to Visio.

Anyone use Words With Friends? I paid for the app on my phone and on my tablet it acts like I never paid for it and it show ads, plus it doesn't always show when its my turn.

Anyone use Words With Friends? I paid for the app on my phone and on my tablet it acts like I never paid for it and it show ads, plus it doesn't always show when its my turn.

That app has never worked well for me on android tablets. Only ipad :/
Perhaps an update is in the works.....

Ramy,

I'll assume you are using the same gmail account on both your tablet and your phone. if you aren't, that is likely problem.

I wonder if the tablet version is considered a separate app from the phone version.

Ramy,

I'll assume you are using the same gmail account on both your tablet and your phone. if you aren't, that is likely problem.

I wonder if the tablet version is considered a separate app from the phone version.

the app doesn't work exactly the same on the tablet so yes i imagine its different.

Same Gmail account.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Anyone have a tf101 tablet keyboard they want to get rid of?

For podcasts I use Google Listen. My stock file manager really sucks so I use one called "File Manager", I think?! And BS Player for playing videos and accessing the network share folders (for media) quickly.

Found a keyboard at newegg for $99 which is the cheapest yet.