Android transfer app available!

peggy97850

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Western US
Just released new Anywhere app for android with transfers!! Long time coming. Go to Play Store & update.

Tried it & can't connect to either hopper, only shows one hopper instead of 2, won't let me log out either. Looks like another Dish update with issues!

Last edited:
Just released new Anywhere app for android with transfers!! Long time coming. Go to Play Store & update.

Tried it & can't connect to either hopper, only shows one hopper instead of 2, won't let me log out either. Looks like another Dish update with issues!
Do you have original hoppers or HWS'?

I have 2 HWS, tried several times will not connect.
Ipad works fine. Maybe rebooting the hoppers will help, I'll keep trying.

Update : rebooted both hoppers & uninstalled/reinstalled app - seems to have fixed the problem!

Last edited:
Got thru prepare, transfer, and video. When I try to play the video it says "license not transferred for this video".

Got thru prepare, transfer, and video. When I try to play the video it says "license not transferred for this video".

Same thing happened here, 'license not downloaded...'

The show was 2 and a Half Men to a Droid Razr Max HD. Re-booted the HWS and the phone, still no luck.

DRM... :mad: I'm sticking with my Hava Platinum that records in DVD quality w/o DRM. BTW - what quality do you see on the transferred programs? Can you see what resolution you're getting? Can you plug your tablet into an HDTV and bear to watch it there?

Just deleted the show from the phone and transferred it again. Same result: 'License for this video is not downloaded'.

Lucky or anybody else have any suggestions?

Thanks.

We're these shows transferred to the HT app on an ipad previously?

I'm guessing two and a half men was recorded on a local and not a rerun on another network?

Colbert Report was from Comedy Central?

I don't have an other ideas yet but I'm just trying to get as much info as possible to narrow down what's causing this.

We're these shows transferred to the HT app on an ipad previously?

I'm guessing two and a half men was recorded on a local and not a rerun on another network?

Colbert Report was from Comedy Central?

I don't have an other ideas yet but I'm just trying to get as much info as possible to narrow down what's causing this.

No, not transferred before. Don't have IStuff, only Androids.

2 and a Half Men was from FX.

Thanks for the help as always. :)

Tried the updated app on my ipad and getting similar error "error:cannot play content. Please wait to complete authentication". This is on several new shows that I transferred (they are transferred and otherwise seem ready to play). I tried removing device authorization and reauthorizing both android and ipad. Oddly, the apps correctly show when each device is authorized. However, the HWS does not show either under settings and paired devices.

Last night Dirt Rep Becki said there would be another update today to authorize the transfers. Hope that takes care of it since there's been so many issues with other updates!

Since the iOS app preceded the Android one, I tried a transfer on it first. I had pre-prepared an Alaska State Troopers episode when S328 came out not knowing that I needed the tandem of software on the HWS and a Dish Anywhere update. As a side note, preparing must really take some CPU cycles because I noticed pronounced stuttering on the PiP second tuner while the transfer was in progress. The recognition of the HWS, listing of the prepared episode, transfer, and playing was all smooth as silk on my iPod Touch.

Running the Android app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 was the exact opposite -- HWS wasn't recognized until app restart, prepare, transfer, and play tabs were very sluggish when trying to select in sequence when the previous operation was complete, and of course the real kicker -- had no license to play after the whole long process. This was with an episode of Shipping Wars.

Been waiting 2 years since the first Kindle Fire came out. DISH "soon" is not soon enough. I have side loaded the last 4 versions. I will find it someplace if no one here is wiling to share the file. Thanks anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)