Android transfer app available!

I got the update, but it makes me want to upgrade from Hopper 1.0 to the good Hopper. *sigh*

I was content not wanting the integrated sling because I didn't have an Ipad. Not that I neeed the ability to transfer video to watch offline, but it is so cool.

I guess this was a good Christmas gift from Dish.

Now to see if I get some Christmas cash for the needed upgrade!

Last night Dirt Rep Becki said there would be another update today to authorize the transfers. Hope that takes care of it since there's been so many issues with other updates!

Today? Saturday? Of the weekend before Christmas? That would be something. :)

I just updated all the software and tried the transfers on our Motorola Android tablet. No luck. It says something like 'The video is not available to play at this time. Please try again later.'

Has anybody gotten any video transfers to play on an Android yet?

Been waiting 2 years since the first Kindle Fire came out. DISH "soon" is not soon enough. I have side loaded the last 4 versions. I will find it someplace if no one here is wiling to share the file. Thanks anyway.

Don't hurry because it's currently not working.

Today? Saturday? Of the weekend before Christmas? That would be something. :)

Per Ray & Zach (Dirt) as mentioned in the Dish Support Forum - the "official" Android App Update is to be released Saturday, 21st. Last night's early release may have needed tweaking & will be "fixed" today, so Becki (also from Dirt) said on the Dish Support Forum last night. Usually Dirt knows what they're talking about.

Per Ray & Zach (Dirt) as mentioned in the Dish Support Forum - the "official" Android App Update is to be released Saturday, 21st. Last night's early release may have needed tweaking & will be "fixed" today, so Becki (also from Dirt) said on the Dish Support Forum last night. Usually Dirt knows what they're talking about.

Yes they do. Thanks.

I just updated all the software and tried the transfers on our Motorola Android tablet. No luck. It says something like 'The video is not available to play at this time. Please try again later.'

Has anybody gotten any video transfers to play on an Android yet?

This is the same I'm getting on the Nexus 7.

Not working on my HTC One yet either. Not too concerned. They'll get it figured out. Waited this long so a bit longer is no big deal.

It's concerning to me. This many people having issues (pretty much everyone here, on Droid and iCult) across multiple brands and models of devices, meaning that it's a widespread problem - and none of this showed up during beta testing? I'm calling BS.

Well they didn't actually lie - they said it would be available on the 21st. They never said it would be working correctly . . . to be expected I guess, more of the same old. After so many here have offered to beta test they continue to release software that doesn't work right.

I just checked for the hell of it and the transferred show is now playing on my phone.

I don't know what they did but it's working now!

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling it recently? I called about it and was told that they were working on the fix and we're expecting to have it resolved by today. I'm not home so I can't test a transfer if I re-download the app.

I re-installed the app last night because I noticed the app on the Play Store had a new date of yesterday but the same version number of the one from the 20th. Anyway, after I re-installed the app it still didn't work last night. Just now I checked and it works. Didn't do anything today other than try it out.

Just uninstalled/re-installed, & re-downloaded the 30 min program - still won't play back. Seems slower to transfer than on iPad (for a 30 min SD program). Guess I'll have to check later for updated app - hopefully that will help.

Still doesn't work on the Motorola tablet but it's working great on the Razr MAXX HD phone. This is with the same 2 and a Half Men episode. I haven't transferred anything else yet.

I have an Android phone and iPad and have used Dish Anywhere a number of times but not for transferring recordings. I know you have to prepare for mobile on the Hopper itself, but when you do shouldn't that recording show up in the app under the My Transfers section after mobile conversion is complete? Or do you also have to go into your recordings from the app, go to the recording you prepared then click the Transfer to Mobile button there to get it to your mobile device?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)