Android TV Boxes- Fake GPS and/or DirecTV/Spectrum apps?

cpalmer2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 18, 2013
United States
Just curious if any cord cutters out there have tried using android TV boxes (either generic, or something like the Nvidia Shield TV) with the Fake GPS spoofing apps to access services like YouTube TV or Hulu Live TV from neighboring areas. Has anyone had any success with this?

One of the things I really like about YouTube TV is that it lets you access local channels where you are physically located even if they are not your "home" channels. You just can't record while travelling. I guess you could call it modern day "moving". I was surprised recently to find that Hulu Live TV offers locals in practically every market in my state. It would be nice to be able to "flip around" occasionally and check out local sports programming, etc on some of these.

Also, has anyone successfully side loaded provider apps like the DirecTV app (NOT DirecTV Now), or the Spectrum TV app on one of these boxes?

You have to sign up on a pc, and that's easy enough to spoof I guess, but doing it on a streamer isnt as worry free for most, and when you sign up in one area, most either make you log in multiple times or limit functionality when the box is outside that area.

I just don't think it is worth the effort for most.

You have to sign up on a pc, and that's easy enough to spoof I guess, but doing it on a streamer isnt as worry free for most, and when you sign up in one area, most either make you log in multiple times or limit functionality when the box is outside that area.

I just don't think it is worth the effort for most.
Would a VPN work?..A legal one used for protection

Just curious if any cord cutters out there have tried using android TV boxes (either generic, or something like the Nvidia Shield TV) with the Fake GPS spoofing apps to access services like YouTube TV or Hulu Live TV from neighboring areas. Has anyone had any success with this?

One of the things I really like about YouTube TV is that it lets you access local channels where you are physically located even if they are not your "home" channels. You just can't record while travelling. I guess you could call it modern day "moving". I was surprised recently to find that Hulu Live TV offers locals in practically every market in my state. It would be nice to be able to "flip around" occasionally and check out local sports programming, etc on some of these.

Also, has anyone successfully side loaded provider apps like the DirecTV app (NOT DirecTV Now), or the Spectrum TV app on one of these boxes?

I use a Spectrum app on my Minix box
There is no sideloading and you need a mouse to navigate

I use a Spectrum app on my Minix box
There is no sideloading and you need a mouse to navigate

Thank you, that is the kind of feedback I was looking for. Have you ever tried the DirecTV app on it, or tried using any of the GPS location apps (FakeMyGPS, etc) to see if they work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)