Andy Griffith dies at 86

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Here is an interview of Andy Griffith that might be of interest. In 1972 WEWS-TV 5 Cleveland began the Morning Exchange. which became the model for what became Good Morning America on ABC...

From the Fall of that year, host Fred Griffith (no relation) talks in an over 13 minute interview with Andy about the Football story that launched him nationally, the 1971 de-ruralization of CBS Primetime, The Andy Griffith Show (Which WEWS was airing in Syndication), Don, Knotts, where the Griffith cast was at this time , A Face In The Crowd and a couple other subjects. I like the relatvely slow pace of the interview, compared to most today on TV which are no more than short sound bites or project plugs..

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved No Time for Sergeants, don't remember A Face, but have a timer set so I can put on my classics drive... this TV series just came to mind I liked also. Salvage 1 (TV Series 1979) - IMDb

He plays a country TV Host with an amage fro wholesomeness who is reallya power hungry monster. It is definitely casting against type but he iis very good in it.

He plays a country TV Host with an amage fro wholesomeness who is reallya power hungry monster. It is definitely casting against type but he iis very good in it.

Actually he did Face in 1957. He really didn't have a "type" yet. He had only done one thing in front of that on one episode as a comedian on The Steve Allen Plymouth Show, doing stand-up. When he did the film No Time for Sergeants in 1958 he was then pretty well typecast in comedy. Of course he did Matlock later in life and returned to drama....

Some stuff I was told about from someone who worked on the show. One day while they were on the set Andy Griffith got so mad that he punched a whole into a wall. He had to have it treated and heavily bandaged. They had to add it to the script for the next show. You can almost tell that it was added in. This was also written about in a book.

About 16 episodes of The Andy Griffith Show are public domain. You will find them at discount store and the opening theme song isn't the same . I don't know why.

In one of the Episodes called "A Black Day For Mayberry" Barney is shown looking at a phone book . It's a real phone book from Mount Airy , North Carolina.

Ron Howard's Father appeared in a few shows. And his brother Clint did as well . I think his mother did as well.

Howard Morris (Ernest T. Bass) directed a few shows. He also directed a few McDonald/s Commercials and provided the voice for the Hamburgler .

I note that Rance, Ron's papa, did several Mayberrys, as did, Clint.... I don't see mama doing any at all, but she was in a Matlock....

I note that Rance, Ron's papa, did several Mayberrys, as did, Clint.... I don't see mama doing any at all, but she was in a Matlock....
I can't find her but according to a book she was in one at least. I've seen her in Ron Howard Movies.

This video reminds me how as a kid I used to watch Andy Griffith and the characters in his show, some with their "funny" accents, and they sounded pretty foreign to my Canadian ears. Yet, maybe part of the reason I liked the show a lot was because the characters were like people I could have known, or did know, so I could relate to them. I could imagine them being neighbours living on my street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)