Andy Griffith dies at 86

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW....very sad news....RIP

He died in North Carolina. While it's sad that he's gone I'm happy that he was in that state when he passed.

That show was one of the great shows of all time. Griffith was terrific too in "A face In the Crowd" playing what was basically an evil version of himself.

I was first introduced to Andy and his characters in No Time For Sergeants, a wonderful comedy film based on a Broadway play that he also starred in. His antics in the Air Force were hilarious. The parallels to Gomer Pyle USMC were very apparent. His film debut in A Face in the crowd was simply amazing. It was Oscar worthy, although he wasn't nominated. RIP Andy, there's always a light lit for you......

Interesting that Andy said that The Andy Griffith show was more of a feeling of the 1930's. And the Black and White shows are so much better then the color shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy Griffith passed away today in NC

Lost a TV icon today , internet reports are saying Andy Griffith died this morning at his home on Roanoke Island NC.
Thanks Andy for the memories.

I can't remember the details but I believe one town in North Carolina wanted to change it's name to Mayberry but Griffith was against it.

He was a very kind and gentle man. He will be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)