Angry Fans May Have Actually Driven Down The 100's Ratings

Seriously, give me an effing break. Interesting Twitter hashtags #LGBTFansDeserveBetter #CWcancelThe1OO

I found this "heartbreaking tearjerker."
How The 100 Buried Its Gays And Almost Got Away With It
A critical look at the repercussions of queer baiting and character deaths on television.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/sarahelake/how-the-100-buried-its-gays-and-almost-got-away-wi-283y8

I am not trying to be coldhearted & indifferent, but when i read this part of the article, I rolled my eyes & almost busted out laughing.
When a vulnerable population comprised of LGBTQ youth or non LGBTQ youth are thrown major emotions which they cannot cognitively process through prior experience or knowledge of them, you create a recipe for disaster. This is when we see the desperation of a vulnerable human being fall into a hole of despair with no way out, not because they are weak, but because they have no idea how to process what they are feeling. Gracel Rose Hayes, a teenager residing in Auckland, New Zealand, has been in the hospital for the past 4 days as the result of a suicide attempt after viewing the episode on Thursday evening.
That statement most assuredly deserves this :facepalm

Who can take this seriously? There are major problems in this world, killing off a gay character on a TV show isn't one of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)