anik g 1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tkillian

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2021
winnsboro louisiana
i saw the bulletin below from shaw from february stating that F2 is going down by 2025. everything will be on G1. surprised no one is talking about this considering i think those of us outside canada will lose our service. is there any hope for us?

Reactions: c-spand
i saw the bulletin below from shaw from february stating that F2 is going down by 2025. everything will be on G1. surprised no one is talking about this considering i think those of us outside canada will lose our service. is there any hope for us?
Unless something changes which I doubt, the only good way in the future would be to have a vpn that gives a Canadian IP and continue with your viewing online. Probably most of us will be done with the service unfortunately. I think some of the channels will migrate earlier that 2025, it's been a good ride while it lasted.

is there any hope for us?
Shaw Direct satellite reception will become impossible south of 35 degrees latitude (give or take).

1654366404466.png

Hi all; I am at 40.4n and 74.59w and using 60cm Shaw dish-I am missing most of the G1 channels-not sure if 76cm would solve it? For years I had Bell xvu until the Nimiq