anik g 1

tkillian

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2021
winnsboro louisiana
i saw the bulletin below from shaw from february stating that F2 is going down by 2025. everything will be on G1. surprised no one is talking about this considering i think those of us outside canada will lose our service. is there any hope for us?

Reactions: c-spand
i saw the bulletin below from shaw from february stating that F2 is going down by 2025. everything will be on G1. surprised no one is talking about this considering i think those of us outside canada will lose our service. is there any hope for us?
Unless something changes which I doubt, the only good way in the future would be to have a vpn that gives a Canadian IP and continue with your viewing online. Probably most of us will be done with the service unfortunately. I think some of the channels will migrate earlier that 2025, it's been a good ride while it lasted.

is there any hope for us?
Shaw Direct satellite reception will become impossible south of 35 degrees latitude (give or take).

1654366404466.png

Hi all; I am at 40.4n and 74.59w and using 60cm Shaw dish-I am missing most of the G1 channels-not sure if 76cm would solve it? For years I had Bell xvu until the Nimiq