Animania-HD: Review of Programs

COLUMBIA CARTOONS on VOOM - Animania HD

Here's some interested information I was able to dig out about Animania-HD.

Source

yegg.jpg

Ward Jenkins, animation director at Primal Screen, has buzzed in with some more details on Voom's ANIMANIA HD network:

"The kicker is that they have a Classics show, a one hour daily block (1 and 1/2 hours on weekends) showcasing old cartoons. And here's the committed programming thus far: Felix the Cat, Roger Ramjet, original theatrical shorts of Mr. Magoo, Gerald McBoing Boing and other UPA classics. In June, Pink Panther theatrical shorts, Fleischer Superman shorts, Archie, Fat Albert, etc.

I'm surprised to see the UPA classics involved. I've never seen anything done about those shorts for DVD, let alone TV. They are converting these shorts and shows into high-def, so i'm sure all the scratches and flaws will be easily noticeable. I really don't know about that stuff.

If you go to our website (www.primalscreen.com) you can check out the ID's and various other items we've created for this HD network. Just go to The Work button on the main page, then click on Block Packaging.

There are several Animania elements there, all done in the 16x9 format for HD." David Gerstein also did some investigating and found out that they are indeed running the color Screen Gems cartoons (including the FOX & CROW).
Very exciting! We shall keep our eyes on ANIMANIA - the new, true classic cartoon channel.

The biggest thing I LOVE about VOOM is the Cartoon Channel, yes the classic cartoons do not look HD but boy is it great stuff!

I wish VOOM could get their hands on Heckle and Jeckyl, that would be a treat.

I like the Columbia cartoons best, with Roger Ramjet coming in second. I do not like the Mr McGoo that I have seen as these are really old ones and it does not sound like Jim Backus doing the voice.

I wish the classics were on more ro be honest. They have a few new cartoons which look really good in HD but even my kids do not like those cartoons, but they like me are glued to the set when the classics are on.

GeneWildershair said:
are *all* these classic cartoons zoomed in to fit the widescreen format? They don't seem right.

I do not believe they are zoomed in but after the HD transfer they are cropped (like HBO-HD, Cinemax-HD, & Starz HD movies). If they were not, you will see top and bottom black bars on these classics cartoons as all of them were done 4x3.

Here's some information about Henry's World

henrysworld.gif

Join Henry and his friends on their carrot-fuelled adventures in the first stop-motion animated series ever entirely produced in Canada.

Henry's World is the extraordinary story of Henry Wiggins, an eight-year-old boy who has amazing powers whenever he eats his mother's mushy carrots. Carrots are Henry's genie in a bottle. Once eaten, he can do incredible and outlandish things that most of us can only dream about, like hurtling to Pluto or tunnelling through the earth.

But Henry's powers are a recipe for adventure… and disaster. Because he doesn't fully understand his gift and can't always control it, his unusual wishes are often granted with unexpected consequences.

Henry's powers remain a secret to all but his best friends – Fraidy Begonia, his pet dog Margaret and Doris the Dinosaur – who often fall victim to his misadventures. Everyone else in Henry's hometown remains blissfully unaware of Henry's powers, which are turning their world topsy-turvy. But while fun and high-jinks reign supreme, Henry also learns some of life's lessons along the way.

Season 1 Episodes

• Pet Dinosaur/Pirate out of Water
  • My Two Front Teeth/Goragh Will air on 4/1/04 at 6pm on Animania-HD
  • Triple Trouble/Tunnelling To China
  • Out There/Secrets
  • My Gorilla Is Bigger Than Yours/Whither Weather
  • Sugar Overload/Lady Luck
  • Henry The Magnificent/Jump To It
  • Hitch In Time/Doris's Day
  • Love Is In The Air/Who's Afraid Of The Dark

Source 1

Source 2

Voltron: The Third Dimension

voltron3.gif

Another New Series coming April 1st...

DATE / TIME: April 1: 7:30PM, 11:30PM
April 2: 3:30AM, 7:30AM, 11:30AM

Voltron: The Third Dimension, was the first full 3D CGI series produced solely in the United States. Produced by the creators of Babylon 5 and the Prince of Atlantis, this Voltron series contains action- packed storylines that appeal to viewers of all ages. In 1999-2000, this Daytime Emmy Award winning series was ranked number one among weekly syndicated kids in the United States. The show currently airs in 60 percent of the world and continues to host successful toy and home video lines.

From days of long ago, from uncharted regions of the universe, comes a legend. The legend of Voltron! A mighty robot. Loved by good, feared by evil. As Voltron's legend grew, peace settled across the galaxy. But then the evil Prince Lotor escaped from his prison in deep space. He formed a secret alliance with Haggar, mistress of dark magic, and together they summoned awesome forces of fear and destruction. Threatened the universe with new, horrible menaces. Voltron was needed once again. Now comes the story of a super force of space explorers. Specially trained and sent by the highest echelon of the Galaxy Alliance to bring back Voltron. This is Voltron: The Third Dimension.

Episodes (17 Episodes In Season 1)
  • Escape From Bastille-12 (Originally Aired 9/19/1998)
  • Red Lion Breaks Loose (Originally Aired 9/26/1998)
  • Building The Forces Of Doom (Originally Aired 10/3/1998)
  • Lost Souls (Originally Aired 10/10/1998)
  • A Rift In The Force (Originally Aired 10/31/1998)
  • Shades Of Gray (Originally Aired 11/7/1998)
  • Bride Of The Monster (Originally Aired 11/14/1998)
  • Dominus (Originally Aired 11/21/1998)
  • Voltron vs. Dracotron (Originally Aired 11/28/1998)
  • Descent Into Madness (Originally Aired 2/6/1999)
  • Pidge Gets Iced (Originally Aired 2/13/1999)
  • Dark Heart (Originally Aired 2/20/1999)
  • The Big Lie (Originally Aired 2/27/1999)
  • The Trial Of Voltron (Originally Aired 5/1/1999)
  • The Troika Moons (Originally Aired 5/8/1999)
  • Biography: The Voltron Force (Originally Aired 5/15/1999)
  • Queen Ariella (Originally Aired 5/22/1999)

Season 2 (9 Episodes In Season 2)
  • The Voltron Force Strikes Back (Originally Aired 10/9/1999)
  • Stealth Voltron (Originally Aired 10/23/1999)
  • Gladiators (Originally Aired 10/30/1999)
  • Dominus Returns Home (Originally Aired 11/6/1999)
  • The Hunter (Originally Aired 11/13/1999)
  • Consider The Alternatives (Originally Aired 11/20/1999)
  • Mind Games (Originally Aired 2/5/2000)
  • Raid On Galaxy Garrison (Originally Aired 2/12/2000)
  • Castle Doom Dead Ahead (Originally Aired 2/19/2000)

Here's another cartoon series that has yet to debut on animania. This is an old press release but I have yet to see the Gravediggers Squad.

Source

asset_657_il.jpg

Spain's Neptuno scores with new US net

Spanish animation producer Neptuno Films has secured US airtime for two of its childrens properties after striking a deal with a new High Definition network.

Animania HD has acquired 2020 (26x30') and The Gravediggers Squad (52x15') from Barcelona-based Neptuno.

Co-produced with the Spanish children branded block Megatrix, 2020 is aimed at the 8-12 audience and focuses on a dysfunctional middle-class family in the year 2020.

The Gravediggers Squad was also produced for the 8-12 market, this time with TV3, Televisió de Catalunya. The show takes place in a spooky graveyard where three gravediggers try to solve mysteries.

Animania HD, a Rainbow Media subsidiary, launched in October 2003 and is available in the US on the VOOM satellite platform.

Another animated series or cartoons called Ani-Minis :

Featuring the special ``Ape'' as well as animated film shorts from all over the world. Presented in HD.

DATE / TIME: April 11: 5:30PM, 9:30PM
April 12: 1:30AM, 5:30AM, 9:30AM, 1:30PM

I think it might be this one

I hope they change the description to what is actually on instead of "The Classics". I would like to know the actual cartoon that is playing.

Anyone watched Voltron today? I saw the last 15 minutes and thought it was real good. Never saw this cartoon before.

Voltron The 3rd Dimension

I am watching VOLTRON 3D now. Anyone from my generation who was a fan of the original as a child, would be impressed with this show. I am loving it... I will NOT miss an episode of Voltron 3D.

Its almost as if they built on the exact same architecture of the original show and just converted it to 3D. Alot of updated versions of cartoons just dont provide the same authenticity as the original. But Voltron is Excellent so far...

Hi All,1St time replyer but long time reader on this board and others. I just got Voom on 3/30 and Animania HD and Monster HD was some of the main reasons I wanted to try Voom(also have D:) . I have not yet seen Voltron 3D but did watch the old Voltron. I was hopping to see many other shows on Animania , Like in the classsics , where's the old Pink Panther show , The Ant & The Ardvark, Mr Jaws & Catfish, DeputyDog, and so on? I was Hopping for Japan animania, I'ved watch alot of the shows on there and nothing stood out that I wanted to stick with. I have e-mailed the company the has the channel but no reply after 2 weeks. I am going to stick with voom untill the end of the year and see what happens . Love the monster channel. :D

Two new cartoons starting on October 1st according to zap2it.

Oliver's Adventures : Albertassaur-I-Oh (Children's) A class trip to the dinosaur museum goes haywire when Xoomirax accidentally brings all the dinosaurs back to life. Now Oliver's job is to send them back to bones- before Ms. Grumply catches on. Presented in HD.

The Boy : Pokeboy (Children's) Harris Phillips has created a new air traffic control computer named C.A.L. Unfortunately it has been taken over by a hacker. Presented in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)