Aniversary gifts from Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
3 free ppvs is the higest free ppv gift .

Most expensive would be customer who get 3 weeks free of NFLST as it any 3 weeks you want and in the billing system it ordered as the per week charge and then credited back.

Queue the matrix. This "random" gift gets sent to someone who has never subbed to ST. The 3 month Game is sent to a ST buyer :)

I was surprised when they offered me a swap of a HR24 for my HR21 for free, with 2 year commitment extension. I'd only been with them for 22 months when they made that offer.

Just got a surprise when I reviewed my on-line statement. I found that a month ago, I had been given a Sports Loyalty Gift. No one ever told me about it. As I only use my Favorites list to browse channels, I hadn't noticed having any additional channels. So it has been a "gift" that has given me nothing.

I would have appreciated this gift during football season, when I would have tuned into a few college games in other regions. But even when I sub'ed to the RSN package, I never used it during the summer.

I would have rather had a $1 credit to my bill than this "gift."

Just got a surprise when I reviewed my on-line statement. I found that a month ago, I had been given a Sports Loyalty Gift. No one ever told me about it. As I only use my Favorites list to browse channels, I hadn't noticed having any additional channels. So it has been a "gift" that has given me nothing.

I would have appreciated this gift during football season, when I would have tuned into a few college games in other regions. But even when I sub'ed to the RSN package, I never used it during the summer.

I would have rather had a $1 credit to my bill than this "gift."

There have been many reports of people not knowing that they are receiving thier anniversary gift.

There have been many reports of people not knowing that they are receiving thier anniversary gift.

It would also be nice if the gift was one that had even a small value to the recipient.

I don't plan to use my gift at all. So I guess it really didn't matter that they didn't tell me about it.

Although I guess, technically, that is supposed to be a nice gift as it has a $13/month fee.

Last edited:
Sorry for bumping this up. I guess I'm getting the Sports Pack as my anniversary gift year. I don't see anywhere of a free preview. I don't subscribe to Sports Pack and it was unlocked this week.

Sorry for bumping this up. I guess I'm getting the Sports Pack as my anniversary gift year. I don't see anywhere of a free preview. I don't subscribe to Sports Pack and it was unlocked this week.

Go to your account on the D* webpage and it will mention your anniversary gift.

You'd think they could drop you an email to let you know, provided they have yours.

Go to your account on the D* webpage and it will mention your anniversary gift.

You'd think they could drop you an email to let you know, provided they have yours.

All I saw was sports at $0.00, which I just saw. I assume that's it. Otherwise, no mention on my free gift anywhere. That's why I came here.

All I saw was sports at $0.00, which I just saw. I assume that's it. Otherwise, no mention on my free gift anywhere. That's why I came here.

hang on ...

Ok, go here:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/loyalty/loyalty.jsp

Click on continue and it will take you to your Anniversary page, if the info isn't on the main page, look on the left side.

You'll need to log in as you go thru the pages.

At the 10 year mark , someone got 1 PPV credit UP TO $ 5.99 . LOL ! Some may disagree and say well , you got something . For me , that is a slap in the face . I would rather not be recognized at all than with PPV credit worth UP TO $ 5.99 . If you are going to give something to smeone for being a good customer , $ 5.99 after 10 years is not the thing that should be given . And , I may be wrong but , I am seeing most PPV movies are $3.99 to $ 4.99 so , I expect they are hoping you will use what is left to go towards another movie . And there are folks that feel something is better than nothing and will pay for another movie plus the $ 1.00 credit left on the account . It may only be good for 1 use and in that case , I would be wrong . And , if you read my post on the Sunday Ticket , you know to call your congressman and the President of the USA to make sure it will work . Something tells me if you try to use it , you will have to jump through hoops . Hey , good luck with that !

At the 10 year mark , someone got 1 PPV credit UP TO $ 5.99 . LOL ! Some may disagree and say well , you got something . For me , that is a slap in the face . I would rather not be recognized at all than with PPV credit worth UP TO $ 5.99 . If you are going to give something to smeone for being a good customer , $ 5.99 after 10 years is not the thing that should be given . And , I may be wrong but , I am seeing most PPV movies are $3.99 to $ 4.99 so , I expect they are hoping you will use what is left to go towards another movie . And there are folks that feel something is better than nothing and will pay for another movie plus the $ 1.00 credit left on the account . It may only be good for 1 use and in that case , I would be wrong . And , if you read my post on the Sunday Ticket , you know to call your congressman and the President of the USA to make sure it will work . Something tells me if you try to use it , you will have to jump through hoops . Hey , good luck with that !

I would imagine it's $5.99 because when you get a movie in HD it's $ 5.99 or a dollar more for the HD from what I've seen.

We've been subscribers since 99. Our gift was 3mo of Showtime. Sounds kinda nice, but never use it. We've got Netflix which trumps the pay channels. Would be nice if we could choose our reward. Give me the lowest possible, no haggle-rate of NFL-ST and we might have something + you get some more money out of me.

When is/was your anniversary ?

I don't really remember. I guess it was around this time (in 1996). I got Game Lounge last year (but didn't know it until mid-October). Funny thing is, this past April I got the "We hope you are enjoying your free gift when it ended in December.

I don't really remember. I guess it was around this time (in 1996). I got Game Lounge last year (but didn't know it until mid-October). Funny thing is, this past April I got the "We hope you are enjoying your free gift when it ended in December.

Go back to that web page I posted and leave a reply in the Thanks "feedback" section.
Tell them it would be nice to get an email notification ahead of time about it. :)

My gift was NCAA March Madness

I'm not a big college hoops fan anymore, used to be back in the 80's when most players would actually stay in school for 4 years, but not a bad gift I would say. I believe the price is $69.99. Wish they would give me something like free MLB Xtra Innings or NHL Center Ice, but that would be asking too much. I'm a customer since Nov. 07, I received this gift this March. I was a customer from 2001-04 also, switched to Dish then back to DirecTV, maybe they were worried I would just again since I fulfilled my 2 year agreement ? Who knows.

I'm not a big college hoops fan anymore, used to be back in the 80's when most players would actually stay in school for 4 years, but not a bad gift I would say. I believe the price is $69.99. Wish they would give me something like free MLB Xtra Innings or NHL Center Ice, but that would be asking too much. I'm a customer since Nov. 07, I received this gift this March. I was a customer from 2001-04 also, switched to Dish then back to DirecTV, maybe they were worried I would just again since I fulfilled my 2 year agreement ? Who knows.

$ 70 package as a Anniversary gift is GREAT, if you'd use it, I too don't watch basketball and would not use it.
Most people get a showtime for 3 months = $ 36, some only get a PPV ...
Mine was 3 PPV's, if your looking at money, thats $ 18.
Not much compared to a $ 70 basketball package.

If they're gonna give you a value like that, why not just give you a credit on your bill for the amount.

I got three free pay per view movies for being a five year subscriber. Well, I ordered one of the movies and I noticed they charged my credit card for it. Then I looked at my Directv bill and they have not credited me for it. Can I assume that the credit will appear later, or have I been cheated?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts