Announcement about DTV pal converter availability

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goldengoose

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
Last night in the Charlie Chat on Dish Network-- there was some discussion on the digital converter box from Echostar.

More detailed discussion is in the Dish Network forum.

There was some mention that it should be available around June 19th and the initial box would be 59 dollars. Something about waiting on official approval for a 39 box. Not sure what the difference between the two boxes will be if any?

I have been awaiting this box because so many have said so many good things about it. Kinda funny that it's so well liked when it's not even available yet though. :D

Anyway, according to links in other threads to retailers who will be offering it I was expecting it by mid June which would have worked out great since my coupons expire in July. But from the sounds of it I may have to move on to a 2nd best choice. :(

The irony is that up until last month I was especially looking forward to getting a clear OTA picture on my 2nd & 3rd sets because my analog signals are just so, so but the digital picture on my HDTV comes in just great.

The irony here is that as of 2 weeks ago it's looking like I need to sub to cable with my ISP just to increase the upload bandwidth which will make the need for a converter almost moot. :rolleyes:

Stay Tuned...

I got this in the mail this morning... :)

Attachments

• dtvpal1.jpg
    dtvpal1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 271
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)