Announcing the Orby TV Self Installation Kit

OrbyTV-ITK

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 21, 2019
Los Angeles
A professional install is by far the best solution for most Orby TV customers. But, we've heard from a lot of people who are capable of installing the Orby TV outdoor equipment themselves. Starting today the Orby TV Self Installation Kit is available for purchase on our website.

More details are available here. The kit includes the Orby TV satellite dish, LNB, antenna and mounting hardware.

Reactions: Titanium
This is huuuuge. Great idea.

Personally, if I didn't already know how to install a dish, I'd go for the professional "guaranteed for one year" $150 install. It's only like paying a pro an extra $65 above the self install kit for ~two hours work.

The hassle-factor of figuring it out, also drilling holes and fishing coax, and hoping you'll save only $65 is probably worth paying the pro, to the average person that is. Besides, the self install kit doesn't include coax, (the pro install does) so there's even more cost involved. Coax alone is likely to cost a minimum of $30.

Reactions: Titanium
Personally, if I didn't already know how to install a dish, I'd go for the professional "guaranteed for one year" $150 install. It's only like paying a pro an extra $65 above the self install kit for ~two hours work.

The hassle-factor of figuring it out, also drilling holes and fishing coax, and hoping you'll save only $65 is probably worth paying the pro, to the average person that is. Besides, the self install kit doesn't include coax, (the pro install does) so there's even more cost involved. Coax alone is likely to cost a minimum of $30.

I agree professional installation is the right choice for 95% of subs, but having the option to self install is a huge benefit for enthusiasts and a great option that doesn't require any investment on Orby's behalf. The dish and antenna kit at $85 are a deal, full install at $150 is also a deal.

I figure most of Orby's customer's will already have a Dish or DirecTV setup, so it would just be a matter of changing out the dish, no new coax required.

A professional install is by far the best solution for most Orby TV customers. But, we've heard from a lot of people who are capable of installing the Orby TV outdoor equipment themselves. Starting today the Orby TV Self Installation Kit is available for purchase on our website.

More details are available here. The kit includes the Orby TV satellite dish, LNB, antenna and mounting hardware.
DIY is best for me. However, the antenna should be optional. I already have my own outdoor antenna, as the one in the kit isn't large enough to pick up local channels where I live, I need a large directional antenna, over-the-air TV reception is very weak here.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I’m sorry $85 for a self install kit is highway robbery.

I get it that the Dish and antenna is included, but for $65 more I would rather pay ah installer.

By the time you add the coax cable and all the other parts, your going to be within $20-$40 of just paying an installer.

I’m sorry $85 for a self install kit is highway robbery.

I get it that the Dish and antenna is included, but for $65 more I would rather pay ah installer.

By the time you add the coax cable and all the other parts, your going to be within $20-$40 of just paying an installer.
"Highway Robbery" price includes the CRAZY INSANE shipping costs on an oversize carton. My guess is that almost a third of the kit cost goes to a shipping company!

I agree that $65 more to include installation is a great deal.

"Highway Robbery" price includes the CRAZY INSANE shipping costs on an oversize carton. My guess is that almost a third of the kit cost goes to a shipping company!

I agree that $65 more to include installation is a great deal.

We didn’t see insane shipping costs till the providers went to the larger 30 inch dishes, such as the dish1000 plus and the slimline dishes.

Dish500’s and 18 dishes used to be affordable enough to ship.

The big thing today is ordering bulk kits where they pack 4 or 10 dishes together to save on shipping.

I still order dishes individually, as it’s easier to give to the installer and we always loose parts or bolts when we get bulk kits.

It’s actually cheaper to buy the kits individually than getting a 10 pack and loosing enough parts to make 9 dishes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts