Annoying issue found on HD program replay

dc00

Original poster
Dec 19, 2005
Not sure if this has been asked.

I have a 622 DVR and recently noticed something very annoying when I fast forward/backward on programs recorded from certain channels, such as CBSHD --

Everytime when I stop the FF, it always goes past the spot I wanted. I also noticed that those FFs pause a longer than normal period at first.

This never happens on programs from ESPNHD.

Any ideas on what issue this might be?

Thanks.

Not sure if this has been asked.

I have a 622 DVR and recently noticed something very annoying when I fast forward/backward on programs recorded from certain channels, such as CBSHD --

Everytime when I stop the FF, it always goes past the spot I wanted. I also noticed that those FFs pause a longer than normal period at first.

This never happens on programs from ESPNHD.

Any ideas on what issue this might be?

Thanks.

I've noticed the same thing, pretty much on MPEG-4 channels since they put their new encoders up a while back. Once they moved 6 channels initially to MPEG-4, I noticed it immediately. It's annoying, but I've gotten used to it -- and I use the 30 sec skip forward and 10 sec skip back more often than just normal fast forwarding.

Hopefully they will make a software update some time to deal with the MPEG-4 codecs more effeciently. :)

The problem (for me at least) has been around since L4.01. Likewise, it seems like the time on the skip-forward (30sec) and skip-back (10 sec) buttoms keeps getting changed the past few updates: L4.01, L4.03 and L4.05.

Thanks for the info. I just called Dish Tech Support and was told that they would push out a software update tonight to my receiver which should fix the issue. Somehow I'm a little skeptical. We'll see.

I have noticed this recently, as well. I have also noticed that when you fast forward, the time remaining becomes inaccurate. The more you fast forward the less accurate it becomes. For instance, as you are fast forwarding it will say 30 minutes remaining, but when you hit play it will say 32 minutes remaining. Also, when you pause a recording then hit play, it will jump forward a bit and need to be rewound to not miss anything. I did not used to have any of these issues.

An update on this.

As expected, I didn't notice any difference yesterday. So I called dish again hoping to get somone more knowledgeable. This time I was suggested to power off and unplug the receiver. I haven't spent enough time after that to be able to tell if it made a difference or not.

An update on this.

As expected, I didn't notice any difference yesterday. So I called dish again hoping to get somone more knowledgeable. This time I was suggested to power off and unplug the receiver. I haven't spent enough time after that to be able to tell if it made a difference or not.

I think they always recommend this any time there are any issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts