Best Route

jsc1648

Original poster
May 22, 2007
I have been a Dish customer for about 3.5 years and am ready to get some HD DVR capabilities to my main TV. I'm looking for the cheapest solution for my situation. I have one HDTV and am currently receiving HD locals OTA. I have an older Dish DVR that does not require the DVR fee (like a 501 or something). Anyway, I have no phone line in the house, and am not interested in doing any rewiring to run a dual tuner to a separate TV (unless there's a good reason for it). I'll be moving the current DVR to the master and replacing a standard 301 with whatever I get. Obviously, I'd like to avoid as many monthly fees as possible and don't want to pay a bunch of money to lease equipment. I don't mind threatening to leave Dish although I cannot get HD cable as it is not available in my area. Any advice?

Thanks,

Jeff

Check out the Dish It Up promo. You can get a 622 (dual tuner +OTA). It is the only HD DVR offered at the moment. $99.00 after $50 rebate, plus $6.00 receiver fee and $5.00 DVR/program fee, unless you do the Dish Advantage, in which it is included.

Check out the Dish It Up promo. You can get a 622 (dual tuner +OTA). It is the only HD DVR offered at the moment. $99.00 after $50 rebate, plus $6.00 receiver fee and $5.00 DVR/program fee, unless you do the Dish Advantage, in which it is included.

Plus don't forget the "No Phone Line Fee" for the second tuner since you don't have phone service.

I called and was quoted $150 for the HD DVR minus the $50 rebate. Also a $20 a month rebate for 10 months. Then the $5 no phone line fee, the $6 DVR fee and $20 a month for HD service. This was for signing an 18 month commitment. Is this the best they can do? How can they compete with cable?

Actually, that's a pretty good deal in that until recently, it was $10 a month off for ten months. Also, have you actually gotten a cable quote? Generally, Dish beats them hands down not to mention superior equipment.

And by the way, you can hook up a wireless transmitter to TV2 on the ViP622, and the receiver on your remote TV. No need to run wires if you don't want to.

Also a $20 a month rebate for 10 months.
You wont get that as your a current customer because thats a new customer promo, everything else though is correct and on the money.

Dish competes with cable for stuff like this because cable doesnt offer the same type of hd content that dish does ( mostly voom channels ) and dish doesnt raise prices on a monthly basis like cable does ( watched my current charter bill go up every month from $89 to $123 since november.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)