Another A-Bomb on A-Rod?

I guess I am an old fogey who just doesn't understand certain things. Whether you agree or disagree with the law matters not. It is illegal to have underground poker games and it is illegal to engage in prostitution. No matter what your morals might be, and no matter if it is consenting adults, they are illegal in most places. If you break the law you are taking the risks of being caught, charged, prosecuted, convicted, and sentenced. Your personal opinion on this issue does not matter. It is the law and anytime you break the law you are taking a risk. If you think the laws are stupid and should not be that way, work and get people elected who agree with you and have the laws taken off the books. I am not so sure on what is so difficult to understand about this issue. Have we become a society where we can, on our own, decide what laws we abide by and what laws we ignore? It has been stated A-Rod was involved in illegal poker games. I have no idea how this A-Rod situation will turn out but he has only himself to blame. If he was warned prior and then ignored the warnings of his employer he will suffer the consequences. Baseball above any other sport is very sensitive to this issue and they will investigate and see what the evidence is before they rule one way or the other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)