Another C Band dish going to be a umbrella shade!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

T4Runner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2010
37.0N 119.5W California
Friend of mine is going to use this 12 or 14 ft huge, wonderful, amazing, PARACLIPSE! In sad shape but workable for a sun shade over his fire pit....

I couldn't convince him it was a sacrilege to do that.. The dish and the 6x6 steel post still in the ground were on the place when he bought it years ago. Thought I would share the pain with those who can relate...

Attachments

• image-3793316991.jpg
    image-3793316991.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 284
  • image-483594312.jpg
    image-483594312.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 288
Maybe it's me but it looks like that dish was damaged before hand. Also 14 foot is kind of overkill for C-Band and then you have adjacent satellite interference to worry about at that diameter.

the dish is not really damaged. The clips that hold the mesh onto the alluminum ribs are for the most part missing. the panels themselves are not damaged that I could see. Thats why it looks damaged. The dish is amazingly light alluminum. I could not see any motor mechanism and the buttonhook center pieces were all gone. the strange support post looked like a commercial 6x6 steel post with one vertical hinge type bolt for elevation and a long threaded bolt on it. It actually looked like a stationary dish settup? I didnt bother taking any pictures of the post. it was still in the ground on the other side of his property, regardless, he is determined to make a patio shade out of it over his firepit...

Meh. Making a new mount, furnishing a motor, and making a new feed support would be too much work IMO.

OT: humor

;). ... I was wondering, too.
But posting from my phone, I have to re-correct all sorts of auto-correct errors.
Starting a sentence with "It" gets me "MIT"! :)

WTguy said:
Probably a typo, think he meant "crowd".

Yes, that makes sense. And my auto fix feature on my IPAD, changes the word before I finish typing, so if I don't catch it, I really have some strange results.

Can't type without looking at the keypad..

Yeah Romney...could be a University Grad though.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)