Another DISH Football Fight

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I don't know whats going on at DISH but we have ourselves another fight over college football.

Those in New Jersey will not be able to see the Rutgers - Howard game this weekend on the Big 10 Network.

All other providers however will carry the game.

DISH is saying...

"Big Ten Network is requiring that DISH pay a significant additional charge to carry University of Maryland and Rutgers University home games in their home states," the Dish Network said in a statement. "We are unwilling to pass these costs on to our customers."

I don't get it. Didn't DISH say they want to air the most college football possible? It don't seem like it with all these fights...

I get the point, Big 10 expanded and Dish gets hammered on additional fees. What was out of market is now in market. I wonder how many subs are considered as in market in these areas.....could be a big hit for Dish.

I suspect that Dish customers can fork out for Multi-Sports pack and get it. A hit, for sure.

Guessing BTN/Fox want Dish to pay the higher rate for Rutgers being in Big 10 territory now with the new conference affiliation, instead of lower rate for being outside the conference footprint. Probably hits Maryland also.

so what dish? You carry NO LOCAL RSNs.(In New York or Philly ..both cover NJ).open up your wallet and let some moths fly out

Reactions: king3pj
Scott, it's the teams themselves are that committing extortion as their broadcast contracts apparently allow. Dish will be the bad guy leader. The rest will fall in after time.

Reactions: jbrelish
Scott, it's the teams themselves are that committing extortion as their broadcast contracts apparently allow. Dish will be the bad guy leader. The rest will fall in after time.
actually its the State on NJ..Rutgers is a public University

actually its the State on NJ..Rutgers is a public University
SO? You think for a minute it makes a difference? Private or State, they have their sports programs to support.

You said the teams.. Now follow closely.. Rutgers chancellor is appointed by the governor..the Chancellor helps negotiate the contract.. So yes the greed of the state of nj is responsible for this outage...the truth I'd ole Charlie is a skinflint tight was who only cares a bout making money for himself and gives two cents about his customers or he would not have passed the 14 million customer mark 6 times,.3 going up and 3 going down

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You said the teams.. Now follow closely.. Rutgers chancellor is appointed by the governor..the Chancellor helps negotiate the contract.. So yes the greed of the state of nj is responsible for this outage...the truth I'd ole Charlie is a skinflint tight was who only cares a bout making money for himself and gives two cents about his customers or he would not have passed the 14 million customer mark 6 times,.3 going up and 3 going down

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
lost 44,000 video customer roughly according to the last quarters stock holders call.

I'll be preparing the family for a major cut in programming level this February as I expect a hefty price increase then.

Reactions: empiretc
I don't know whats going on at DISH but we have ourselves another fight over college football.

Those in New Jersey will not be able to see the Rutgers - Howard game this weekend on the Big 10 Network.

All other providers however will carry the game.

DISH is saying...

"Big Ten Network is requiring that DISH pay a significant additional charge to carry University of Maryland and Rutgers University home games in their home states," the Dish Network said in a statement. "We are unwilling to pass these costs on to our customers."

I don't get it. Didn't DISH say they want to air the most college football possible? It don't seem like it with all these fights...
One word: Fox

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dish is being cheap as usual

I agree Dish is being cheap. However, sports is a very large portion of the cost of programming for everyone, not just those who watch sports. Live TV is pretty much only needed for sports and awards shows. People who only want to watch reruns can get that elsewhere. I think the constantly rising costs of sports is accelerating cord cutting for customers who don't care about sports.

I do watch sports. If I could pay a few hundred dollars a year to watch NCAA football during the fall, and use Netflix and Hulu for everything else, I probably would.

Everyone else agreed to a deal but Charlie cant come on now.........
exactly. Also most providers (Directv excluded...they have it nationwide) usually puts BTN in the basic package in the areas where there is a Big10 Team and sports pack for others

hmmm...they didnt have this issue when Nebraska came into the Big10. They added it to the local RSN package with no issues.