Another Eastern Arch Question

dcbag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
Tennessee
If I purchase a new 1000.4 dish off ebay and install it myself, is there anything else I have to do like calling Dish. My contact will be up the first of the year and I don't want to do anything to extend my contact

Nope... install the dish and you'll be good to go. Of course that's after you get everything showing correctly on the check switch screen.

So I can go from 2 dish set up to just 1.

As long as you have all mpeg4 ViP receivers, you can install a 1000.4 and make no calls or do anything else other than run the Check Switch after installation. I assume you likely have a D500 pointing at 110 and 119 and another at 61.5. If I were you, I'd keep this setup for the time being. The western arc has the newest satellites with a new 119 going up soon. The eastern arc won't be all new for a couple of years or so.

Actually eastern arc has a brand new sat at 72.7 slot. It is at least 60 are greater in signal strength. But the eastern arc dish is harder to peak & get great signal strength for all 3 sats, than the western arc 1000.2 sat dish. I get at least 50 strength on 77 sat ,60's on 72.7 and everywhere from a low of 38 to a high of 68 on 61.5 sat using a eastern arc dish.

I have a question related to the eastern arc as well;

I can't see 129, but can see 110, 119. I'll be buying a new 722 and one more receiver (dual tuner). I currently have Legacy dual LNBs one the single dish pointed at 110, 119.

Can I just add a second dish and point it at 61.5 to receive the additional HD programming? I plan to subscribe to America's everything pack and would like to add all available HD channels that don't come in that package (I'm so confused with what each package includes).

I'm in Pembina, ND. What locals can I get off 61.5 or are mine on 110, 129?

What switches will I use to set this up? I assume I'll have 6 leads coming down from the 2 dishes (110 x 2, 119 x 2, 61.5 x 2).

Thanks,

Grover

Sure can . Many of us had that very configuration for a number of years; DISH 500 + side sat for 61.5. As for your locals you can plug in your address into DISH's locals address broker and it should tell you what is available and what sat it comes off of. Another thing you can do is take the biggest city that DISH carries ,that is closest to your area , within 100 miles and use that city to "move" to for hd locals.

Sure can . Many of us had that very configuration for a number of years; DISH 500 + side sat for 61.5. As for your locals you can plug in your address into DISH's locals address broker and it should tell you what is available and what sat it comes off of. Another thing you can do is take the biggest city that DISH carries ,that is closest to your area , within 100 miles and use that city to "move" to for hd locals.

Thanks MikeD. I'm assuming that with the Legacy setup I will use an SW64 ( 6 in, 4 out)? I could also use 5 high frequency splitters and 2 SW64's to get 8 out?

If I switch my existing dish to a Dish 500 and use DP lnb's, how does this affect the number of RG6 cables I will need to bring down from the dish(s) and the type of switches I will need to get 8 outputs I will need to run 6 (or more) tuners in the house.

I have no experience with Dishpro equipment.

THanks,

grover

Thanks MikeD. I'm assuming that with the Legacy setup I will use an SW64 ( 6 in, 4 out)? I could also use 5 high frequency splitters and 2 SW64's to get 8 out?

If I switch my existing dish to a Dish 500 and use DP lnb's, how does this affect the number of RG6 cables I will need to bring down from the dish(s) and the type of switches I will need to get 8 outputs I will need to run 6 (or more) tuners in the house.

I have no experience with Dishpro equipment.

THanks,

grover

It would be cheaper and easier to go to Dishpro equipment, especially with dual tuner receivers. How many receivers are you going to have?

Hey Digi... Looking at TheList, it seems as if eastern arc has a number of HD locals on Conus beams. Do you think it will stay that way?

The 72.7 bird was just swapped out (don't think there are any locals there), this satellite does not contain any spotbeams. 77 won't be swapped out for a quite a bit. So yes, it will stay that way for a while.

It would be cheaper and easier to go to Dishpro equipment, especially with dual tuner receivers. How many receivers are you going to have?

I plan on 1 - 722PVR and 2 - 222k models.

If I go Dishpro with this setup, can you tell me what dish I will need and what lnb, equipment will be necessary to make things work? I'm hoping to keep my current elliptical dish for 110/119 and add a separate dish for 61.5.

Thanks,

grover

As long as you have all mpeg4 ViP receivers, you can install a 1000.4 and make no calls or do anything else other than run the Check Switch after installation. I assume you likely have a D500 pointing at 110 and 119 and another at 61.5. If I were you, I'd keep this setup for the time being. The western arc has the newest satellites with a new 119 going up soon. The eastern arc won't be all new for a couple of years or so.

You are correct, but the location of the two dishes are quite a distance apart, if they were right next to each other I would'nt care, but due to trees can't be. So would it be possible to move the 110/119 dish to the same location as the 61.5 and use it for the 72/77 satellites?

You are correct, but the location of the two dishes are quite a distance apart, if they were right next to each other I would'nt care, but due to trees can't be. So would it be possible to move the 110/119 dish to the same location as the 61.5 and use it for the 72/77 satellites?

A 1000.4 would be better than the above but I think that it will work but signal may not be as strong since the 110/119 is made for 9 degrees and 72.7 and 77 are less than 5 degrees apart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts