Another Good CS experience.

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
I'm moving on Saturday and I called last night to schedule an install at the new place. Of course the guy was from India or something but he was very easy to understand. I told him I'm moving and I want to upgrade my 811 to a 622. He charged $149 on my credit card, gave me a $50 rebate and a $25 gift cert. to be used on the first bill. The charges on my bill remain the same since I sub to the everything pack. He took my new address and set it up for next Monday which is exactly what I wanted. The guy was very nice, made a couple jokes, made sure I understood everything. I've had to call all the utilities to have everything switch and this guy from Dish was the most pleasant conversation I had out of all of them. I just felt I had to give him props here. To bad I can't remember his name.

I subscribe to AT250 with locals and wanted to upgrade to the Everything Pak. I wanted to do this without calling the 800 number so I tried to do the upgrade thru channel 100. No go. Tried online thru Account Management. No go there either.

So I reluctantly called the 800 number. As I went thru the menu system it knew what I subscribed to and asked if I wanted to upgrade to the Everything Pak. It asked me to confirm I wanted to change to the Everything Pak and then told me what my new monthly charge would be.

Great customer service call without even talking to Customer Service. The channels were in the guide 5 minutes later.

I really figured I was going to have to talk to a CSR but the automated system worked just fine for me.

Let's hope the rest of the story plays out as well!!

That's the part thats worrying me now. I've had semi-good luck with the installer that did my current home although I did all of the inside wire runs. I'm gonna try to do the runs for the new house to make it as simple as possible for the guy. The connectors are in the wall where the 2 TV's are gonna go but they are for cable. I don't know if its possible to disconnect the cable service where it goes into the house and feed the sat signal at that point to supply the whole house or if I should find the other end of the 2 areas where the TV's will go and leave them hanging near where I want the dish to be. We'll see what happens.

I'm sure they can use the cable line that goes into the house. They did that with mine when I switched to Dish years ago. Two cables from the dish to the entry point and then another cable from there to the second floor for my upstairs tv. A separate cable is required from the dish (or switch) to each receiver. Hindsight being 20/20 I guess I should have talked them into putting the second cable through the wall into my basement and making the upstairs connection there instead of running another cable on the outside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts