Another H3 OTA Problem - can't delete scanned channels

ThomasTrain

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
I've had a consistent problem since I installed my H3 with OTA: I am unable to delete any channels that have been scanned in. I select either all channels or one individual channel and select delete, then save but when I go back in to the OTA menu, the channel(s) are back.

I've even tried scanning with the antenna disconnected but the OTA module still connected to clear the list and saved. But as soon as I reconnect the antenna cable, all the channel reappear. Disconnecting and reconnecting the OTA module has the safe effect, all of the originally scanned channels return no matter what I do.

All I want to do is delete the channels and subchannels that I don't care about so they don't show in the list. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a procedure to fix this?

Reactions: D. Manley
I tried to delete the ota channels and then hit delete all channels and then hit scan to scan over them. Then I was able to delete the channels I didn't want any longer and hit save.

Look like I discovered the specific procedure to make this work: After you complete a rescan and you've removed the channels you don't want, click 'select all' then click save. It would appear that only the 'selected' channels will be saved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts