Another Hopper question

If you click on hopper announcements topic it does show a PDF file that explains that existing customers will get an instant 99.00 credit basically making it free. It does say 99.00 for existing customers but on page 2 it says customer will receive an instant 99.00 credit at the time of the order. So hopefully this holds up and it will be free for existing customers. I just got Dish at the end of January so I am hopeful that this holds up and they allow existing customers to get it for free otherwise I will be livid and have to beg them on the phone to not charge me 99.00 for it.
You will have to pay the $99.00. Credit applies to new customers only. AFAIK, installation is included.

Not a bad price for whole home upgrade for current customers. Directv is charging 399, unless you are fortunate enough to get a csr that will give you a deal

Last edited:
Not a bad price for whole home upgrade for current customers. Directv is charging 399, unless you are fortunate enough to get a csr that is will give you a deal

Really? Then there is a situation where "aggressive pricing" truly applies.

Yea, without this thread going in a different direction. Some have got a good deal with Direct on the HR34, but in my unscientific study it appears seems they seem to be holding the line a bit more on this price.

I still think 99 bucks is dumb to upgrade to hopper because if someone wants two hoppers they have to she'll out 299. When I call to upgrade I will just use the line " well directv called me offering me to upgrade me to their new 5 tuner DVr free if I switch back to them." heck my cable company came out with a DVr solution that lets you record 6 shows at a time all in hd. How come hopper can only do this during prime time only ?

DISH isn't forcing everyone to upgrade. If you feel the Hopper is worth it get it. If not keep what you have.

Personally we may wait until the OTA module is out and then decide.

I still think 99 bucks is dumb to upgrade to hopper because if someone wants two hoppers they have to she'll out 299. When I call to upgrade I will just use the line " well directv called me offering me to upgrade me to their new 5 tuner DVr free if I switch back to them." heck my cable company came out with a DVr solution that lets you record 6 shows at a time all in hd. How come hopper can only do this during prime time only ?
And be prepared for them to possibly say, "sorry we can't help you, good luck with Directv...and by the way, you will be charged a $330.00 early termination fee."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)