Another local negotiation dispute in DE and MD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
On a transponder list that isn't accurate at all. I have already told you the spots on Spaceway 1 and 2 can change because the birds can be dynamically routed. You have to remember that SP1 and SP2 were originally designed for something different (internet) and reconfigured for their current mission and have wider channels than most spot beam birds.
None of this changes the fact that the transponder map is what the receivers use to figure out what is available and where it is located in the satellite constellation. The map doesn't change constantly and neither could LIL availability so I reject your protestations about the flexibility of the Spaceway satellites as proof that the information isn't complete. The fact that the Spaceways were converted somewhat for TV (the inter-satellite communications were not implemented) doesn't change what must happen to serve customers on the ground.
This makes me laugh so hard my ribs hurt! Actually you would be surprised at info is but I dont discuss this here or anywhere outside of authorized avenues.
I respect that you don't want to get in hot water.
Your assurtations are just that and nothing more because you REALLY have no idea what goes on. Directv has to prepare for a day that Distant networks are going to go away because there is 100 percent coverage. They are trying to figure out how that is going to work out exactly, especially once laws say they have to. That day is sooner than what you think. After all once STELAR passes 100 percent coverage will be a reality. STELAR is very close to becoming law and is expected to pass the Senate.
I believe I have a pretty good idea what has effectively happened and all of the insider information that you claim to possess apparently doesn't allow you to provide authoritative documentation or reasonable arguments to the contrary.

BTW, the abbreviation is STELA (Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act), not STELAR.

None of this changes the fact that the transponder map is what the receivers use to figure out what is available and where it is located in the satellite constellation. The map doesn't change constantly and neither could LIL availability so I reject your protestations about the flexibility of the Spaceway satellites as proof that the information isn't complete. The fact that the Spaceways were converted somewhat for TV (the inter-satellite communications were not implemented) doesn't change what must happen to serve customers on the ground.I respect that you don't want to get in hot water.I believe I have a pretty good idea what has effectively happened and all of the insider information that you claim to possess apparently doesn't allow you to provide authoritative documentation or reasonable arguments to the contrary.

BTW, the abbreviation is STELA (Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act), not STELAR.

It's not hard to change the transponder map in the receivers, and it doesn't take a software update to do it LIL availability and the map can, but then again unless if you program Directv's entire fleet you wouldn't know that. While it doesn't change what must happen theoretically, the processes and technology behind it has changed. You have to get out of the old way of thinking and realize the processes of delivering video has completely changed. The systems in place a year ago are not the same systems in place now. On top of that there is a reason why DirecTV is on the bleeding edge when it comes to technology. BTW STELAR is the appropriate term.. That's the current bill in the Senate.
http://www.multichannel.com/news/retransmission-content/stelar-passage-gets-stellar-reception/382677

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts