Another local off dish amid dispute (Fox Sioux Falls, SD)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
This time its Fox in Sioux Falls, SD KTTW

FOX affiliate KTTW/7 (Sioux Falls) is off DISH Network amid a retransmission consent dispute. At midnight Tuesday night, DISH replaced KTTW with a slide saying that station owner Independent Communications is seeking a seven-fold rate increase. KTTW says on its website that it's seeking fair compensation to cover rising costs.

and from the kttw website

ATTENTION DISH NETWORK CUSTOMERS

Independent Communications, Inc. is sorry to announce that their negotiations on Retransmission Rights with DISH Network have come to an impasse and under the law DISH Network will not have rights to carry the Fox Network Programming or any of the syndicated programming aired on Stations KTTW FOX 7 or KTTM FOX 12 after midnight on September 24, 2013. Independent Communications, Inc.’s goals are merely to be fairly compensated for our rising costs of providing high quality programming, while making that programming available to as many viewers as possible. Unfortunately, we have been unable to agree with DISH on terms that would satisfy these goals. It is not our desire to prevent anyone from enjoying their favorite entertainment or sports programming. In the mean time, remember you have alternatives to receive our programming:

for contact information on cable providers CLICK HERE
to get DirecTV satellite service call 800-595-3489
or Fox can be received over-the-air via antenna

We here at Independent Communications, Inc. are willing and ready to agree to fair terms with DISH that cover our costs. As soon as that happens, we’ll let you know. Thanks for your support.

Ed Hoffman
General Manager
KTTW FOX 7/ KTTM FOX 12

Iceberg

Unfortunately, I found this out AND see that my OTA guide data FOR KTTW is blocked also. I can access a guide and select the channel via my DishAnywhere app on my Tablet. Called Dish twice and they suggest I watch FOX on my Tablet. Ugh! Can't set up recordings on the Hopper, or is there a way to do so manually?

How long do these disputes usually last?

Thanks
Pat

I guess not a lot of DIsh folks in the Sioux Falls market on here....the station came back a week ago

FOX affiliate KTTW/7 (Sioux Falls) has returned to DISH Network after an absence of more than two months due to a retransmission consent dispute. KTTW, owned by Independent Communications, was restored to DISH customers last Friday (12/13).

not necessarily. This is a locally owned station.
From their spacebook site

Finally! I have some good news for all of the DISH Network customers that have suffered through the last couple of months while we negotiated a new contract with DISH Network. Again, I apologize for our part in putting you in the middle of this and thank all of those who I have communicated with that offered support while expressing their understandable anger over the situation. I also want to thank DISH Network for working with us to make sure that both of our customers get the product they want and deserve. We now have a new four-year agreement and look forward to bringing you all of the great programming Fox offers, including their Prime lineup, NFL, MLB, NASCAR, UFC and much more.

Ed Hoffman
General Manager
KTTW Fox 7

I'll say this, one of the nicer statements, acknowledging they (and DISH) put their viewers in the Middle of it. Also to say something nice about DISH.

I'll say this, one of the nicer statements, acknowledging they (and DISH) put their viewers in the Middle of it. Also to say something nice about DISH.

That is just South Dakota nice. One of the places in the nation where good manners are still valued.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SatelliteGuys

Sorry OT, but had to share: If you post in a forum Iceberg started you will see your avatar right in front of his mouth, like you are shutting him up. :D

Something I would never try in person, I'm thin and frail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts