Another new cord cutter!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
We do not even know the name of the CEO of most companies. Charlie and his Charlie Chat made him the same as Dish for most of us. We are really just speaking of Dish when we say Charlie. Note that he has even spent more dollars on putting his son in business, than most of us make in a lifetime.

Reactions: stardust3
Wish tivo worked with dish. Playing around with the bolt and it blows the hopper away. The joeys are a joke compared to the minis. I cant see giving up dish for cable though. Oh well

Reactions: osu1991
Bluegras wouldn't know what to do with himself if it worked with dish. The app selection is ridiculous. Seamless streaming of music,tv,apps,etc. Search function searches everyting including apps like netflix,hulu,vudu,you tube. Super quick. Commercial skip is awesome. There are limitations on the commercial skip but its a whole lot more robust then pta. I thought the hopper was right there with cutting edge tech until i saw this tivo system. Makes me realize how far behind the hopper is.

Bluegras wouldn't know what to do with himself if it worked with dish. The app selection is ridiculous. Seamless streaming of music,tv,apps,etc. Search function searches everyting including apps like netflix,hulu,vudu,you tube. Super quick. Commercial skip is awesome. There are limitations on the commercial skip but its a whole lot more robust then pta. I thought the hopper was right there with cutting edge tech until i saw this tivo system. Makes me realize how far behind the hopper is.

I too wish it worked with Dish. If you don't want cable tv then is it pointless buying a TiVo ? I wish Dish would just eliminate the receiver fees all together.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I thought dish many years ago just had a one time $50 fee that a customer paid and then had no receiver fees but the customers didn't like paying it so they started charging receiver fees.

I thought dish many years ago just had a one time $50 fee that a customer paid and then had no receiver fees but the customers didn't like paying it so they started charging receiver fees.
Let's assume that's true for a moment...then that would be a case of being burned by other people's stupidity.

Reactions: ChadT41

I don't remember that. $1.99/mo is what they charged in the mid 90's for a second receiver.

You didn't get late charge back then, when you could easily deal with a missing payment that may have had nothing to do with Dish? Confirmation numbers mean that you authorized payment, not that payments were made. There are 2 institutions involved, if something went wrong you should have dealt with it right away.
I did deal with it right away. I had to call them every single month for the last 2 years. The CSR would always say, "Oh, I see right here that you made the payment." The next month same thing would happen. After they thought "they had me" that's when i asked, what month would you like me to start with? Want to go back the whole 7 years this time around? o_O

The people on this site that claim the hopper is the best dvr available, obviously have never played around with the newest tivos. I enjoy my hoppers, but sure do wish dish would play nice with a tivo setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts