Another new SEC filing (CVC 8-k): Closing of Rainbow DBS business has been delayed!

danielle_s said:
The SEC is steping in because of what has gone wrong with VOOM. They want to know why VOOM has "failed" and who was behind it.

Unless you have friends in high places at the SEC, that's pure speculation. The events that the SEC has stated they are investigating are the kill of the spinoff and the sale of assets to Echostar. You could read that two ways depending on whether you're a Voom supporter or not.

keep in mind, according to the cablevision employee sitre, it shows that jimmy dolan still reports to Charles"

graphiteRT said:
Unless you have friends in high places at the SEC, that's pure speculation. The events that the SEC has stated they are investigating are the kill of the spinoff and the sale of assets to Echostar. You could read that two ways depending on whether you're a Voom supporter or not.
Look at it this way, if voom is more successful than cablevision is making voom sound then why did
  1. Cablevision sell Voom's sat and unplink center to Echostar
  2. Vote against Charles Dolan to shut the business down
Am I speculating, yes, but if they don't want to run the business the way it should be have been ran they should have never started it to begin with.

danielle_s said:
Look at it this way, if voom is more successful than cablevision is making voom sound then why did
  1. Cablevision sell Voom's sat and unplink center to Echostar
  2. Vote against Charles Dolan to shut the business down
Am I speculating, yes, but if they don't want to run the business the way it should be have been ran they should have never started it to begin with.

Your questions may be some of the very ones that the SEC wants answers to.

With the Family Feud CVC style in progress, there's no telling what's behind some of the events of the last 6 months.

danielle_s said:
The SEC is steping in because of what has gone wrong with VOOM. They want to know why VOOM has "failed" and who was behind it.
no that would be the fcc's job..the sec is only interesteted in protecting shareholders rights (example prominet board member trying to aquier voom and dump the remaining debt on cvc shareholders..if i was a cvc shareholder i would be extremly upset at what chuck is trying to do

juan said:
..if i was a cvc shareholder i would be extremly upset at what chuck is trying to do

If I was a cvc shareholder right now, I would cash in and not be upset anymore. and if you were one or anybody was one I would let them know the same. Is not like the stock has been devalued? :)

Sean Mota said:
If I was a cvc shareholder right now, I would cash in and not be upset anymore. and if you were one or anybody was one I would let them know the same. Is not like the stock has been devalued? :)
Since the announcment of the doom of voom the stock has gone up 3 dollars GO JAMES GO

juan said:
no that would be the fcc's job..the sec is only interesteted in protecting shareholders rights (example prominet board member trying to aquier voom and dump the remaining debt on cvc shareholders..if i was a cvc shareholder i would be extremly upset at what chuck is trying to do
Why would you be upset with chuck? When he is doing everything he can to make sure the survival of VOOM. Remember that there have been fights in the board room ever since the birth of VOOM and cablevision has choosen not to actively promot or distribute the product for "fear" that their cable subscribers would go down. If cablevision would have done their job to begin with we would have more subs, more channels, the dvr would probably already be out now and the cablevision stock should be going through the roof.

Again, pure speculation... But I do make good points

juan said:
Since the announcment of the doom of voom the stock has gone up 3 dollars GO JAMES GO

Exactly my point... If nothing the VOOM DOOM glorification by Wall Street has made the stock jumped more than what it deserved (inflating it).

Let's not make it to be like these investors are the poor guy next door. They have investment in a company for a reason (they have money). If they are ignorant to not smell what we all smell, they deserve to lose their money.

danielle_s said:
Juan is a troll, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES
I resent that!!! i am a financial contributour to this site..i am only stateing facts from a shreholder prospective Voom is a black hole for cvc shareholders The shareholders should not be burdened with voom's enormous debt while the "dolans" get voom for practically nothing. What they are trying to do hurts all CVC shareholders unless an equitable deal can be reached for everyone i fully believe voom should be shut down

Well if voom does become a seperate entity on its own, owned by dolan...how long will it take for IPO to pop up? The sec shoudl allow it for some pretty fast stock selling. If thats the case....I'll but a good $5000 in stock of voom. If it comes out relaly low, and is bought up really fast....That will give dolan a huge startup push. Sounds like a good idea to me. And if the stock gets good ratings, it gets mentioned more, subscriptions go up. Thats why xm killed sirius to start. The stock market. It afforded xm the ability to advertise a lot more. So yea...just my thoughts. I hope some voom stock pops up in a few months. I am no huge investment banker...so I oculd be a little bit off on my idea. But I know for sure voom stock wil become available at some point if dolan wins this war. Who else owuld buy into some voomy stock?

juan said:
I resent that!!! i am a financial contributour to this site..i am only stateing facts from a shreholder prospective Voom is a black hole for cvc shareholders The shareholders should not be burdened with voom's enormous debt while the "dolans" get voom for practically nothing. What they are trying to do hurts all CVC shareholders unless an equitable deal can be reached for everyone i fully believe voom should be shut down

Juan, do you have the particulars of what the shutdown costs vs. a sale to Dolan Sr.? I would like to see the dollars and cents comparison. I'm assuming you have that information to make the statement that you just did.

"The shareholders should not be burdened with voom's enormous debt "

Isn't C Dolan trying to assume the assets AND liabilities????? If CVC shuts it down, they're stuck with the debt themselves! Duh!

Westbender said:
"The shareholders should not be burdened with voom's enormous debt "

Isn't C Dolan trying to assume the assets AND liabilities????? If CVC shuts it down, they're stuck with the debt themselves! Duh!
Another nail hit on the head

OFF TOPIC... Danielle, was it you who said you were getting voom installed today? If it was, how did it go? Thanks

blaster19 said:
If Juan wins I loose my job. And I bet I own a hell of a lot more CVC then he does.
If voomhad actually gained some momentum the losses might be tolerable..but they cant seem to get any momentum. Im not anti voom I just think a cable company has no business being in the satellite business (example prime star)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts