Another new SEC filing (CVC 8-k): Closing of Rainbow DBS business has been delayed!

juan said:
Doesnt anybody here find it kinda fraudulent that someone is still trying to sell subscriptions to a satellite service that just recently sold its satellite and uplink center??
No. They still have an uplink center, an active satellite, leased transponder space, are providing programming, and have engineering & customer support services in place. How is this fraud? :confused:

bryan27 said:
VOOM isn't a company so it can't be investigated. Cablevision is being investigated for it's disclosures in the spin-off and potential sale to E*

Cablevision is the company that made those disclosures not VOOM.

Well said. JL is caught in his own little world where he makes the rules and the actual facts can be put under the rug. He does make some good points sometimes but he will never give a compliment to another..especially if they are a VOOM sub.

riffjim4069 said:
No. They still have an uplink center, an active satellite, leased transponder space, are providing programming, and have engineering & customer support services in place. How is this fraud? :confused:
How is it fraud??? Announceing to the world that the service will close in 30 days!!! Mot to mention they sent lay off notices to employees

It amazes me that you guys are caught in the details of this stuff and do not see the big picture. There is a war here and difference of opinion between the Class B holders and the rest of the Board. Each one was pissed at each other and apparently the comunication broke down. All this stuff we have seen it is just a game they are playing. The real deal will be Monday. Don't get caught in the details and look at the big picture otherwise you have "MISSED THE POINT".

Then they said that the closing was put on hold. If it is on hold...than it should be business as usual.

riffjim4069 said:

Yeah but for how long which is I believe the point Juan was making.
Lets say you stop in at a new car lot of which the company that made and sold them was in the same situation as Chuck, would you buy a car off of them?

justalurker said:
Lobstah,

Certain Voomers are unable to contain their emotions. That's why they keep falling back on the silly attacks on me. Note the thread when Cablevision board shut down the Voom.com website. More than a dozen posts saying derogatory things about me before I had posted one word in that or any other thread on the subject. I encapsulated some of it in post 255 of that thread.

And note that their comments are false. They make it sound like I'm dancing around singing "Ding Dong the Voom is Dead". I'm not. I have made direct comments to the contrary. And I'll make them again - I'm not rallying for Voom to die. But I am accepting that the current events are extremely negative toward Voom's continuance.

Every time one of those Voom trolls makes a personal attack it makes it harder to desire anything good for them. Yes, a dozen people posting attacks makes me not care that 26,000 may lose their service at the end of the month. Those Voomers would do a lot better by following Sean's lead and direction. I don't hate Voom, don't give me a reason to hate Voomers. We are not here to hate each other.

JL
vmd.gif

State of the Vooming

I see now how the little boy plays the game. Keep it on topic and no personal attacks until HE feels like calling someone a troll.

Don't know exactly what your agenda for being here is, Bub, but it's most definitely nothing noble. With the weak nonsense and interpretations you post, it's clear your only real purpose is to stir up controversy, not actually discuss the real issues.

If you and your little buddy Lob can stop holding hands long enough, decide to have an adult discussion and can bring some facts to support your drivel, then maybe we'll have another dance.

It's 46k subs Mr. fact checker and thanks for staying on top of current events.

justalurker,
I am wondering why you spent so much time here not being a Voomer. Why are you so interested? Just asking.

Sean Mota said:
It amazes me that you guys are caught in the details of this stuff and do not see the big picture. There is a war here and difference of opinion between the Class B holders and the rest of the Board. Each one was pissed at each other and apparently the comunication broke down. All this stuff we have seen it is just a game they are playing. The real deal will be Monday. Don't get caught in the details and look at the big picture otherwise you have "MISSED THE POINT".

Thanks Sean

Too many people with way too much time on their hands!!

Why not lock a news thread from you or Scott and relabel News and Development as "Useless Speculation"

That way those interested in news can find it easily and the rest can have their fun

graphiteRT said:
I see now how the little boy plays the game. Keep it on topic and no personal attacks until HE feels like calling someone a troll.
Please name the someone I allegedly called a troll.
graphiteRT said:
It's 46k subs Mr. fact checker and thanks for staying on top of current events.
That number (or one close to it) has appeared in two places.
1) a hastily written counter press release put out by Voom HD, LLC - which isn't the current owner but would have access to the numbers
2) an "unnamed source" quoted by a news story
To have actually reached the 41k installed / 5k waiting mark would be a turnaround. Perhaps one that "the board" would ignore vs "the class B shareholders" holding on to. It just seems odd to me that we have not heard that number much more often unless even the Class B shareholders see it as dismal.

andrzej said:
justalurker,
I am wondering why you spent so much time here not being a Voomer. Why are you so interested? Just asking.
My satellite company is buying Rainbow1. These events may confuse things.

JL

Sean Mota said:

I see your a right handed batter, that explains it. ;)
In all seriousness I believe the reason so many Voom folks and non Voom folks alike get caught up in this is the simple fact that we all as consumers are tired of watching as little by little the big companies are stripping us of customer service and quality, and at the same time raising the prices and the proverbial pat on the back "it's ok this is how it is, everything's fine believe me". :yes

dlm10541 said:
Thanks Sean

Too many people with way too much time on their hands!!

Why not lock a news thread from you or Scott and relabel News and Development as "Useless Speculation"

That way those interested in news can find it easily and the rest can have their fun

Well that would cut down the interactive use of this forum considerably and the people at CVC and VOOM would not know the feelings of interested people. I believe that, in part, those feelings of support for C & T Dolan and family is what has driven the current battle. It is a real reflection of what is going on here. or visa versa.

gutter said:
I believe that, in part, those feelings of support for C & T Dolan and family is what has driven the current battle. It is a real reflection of what is going on here. or visa versa.

You serious?

DucTape said:
Yeah but for how long which is I believe the point Juan was making.
Lets say you stop in at a new car lot of which the company that made and sold them was in the same situation as Chuck, would you buy a car off of them?
I see your point, but it certainly doesn't rise to the level of fraud. However, if one were to purchase receivers and then not be refunded the purchase price should VOOM discontinue service, then you'll hear no argument from me.

Come monday march 7th, 2005 , chuck and tom will probably get to show off their custom tailored orange jumpsuits and ;) ;) voom doubters (like my self) will be vindicated

riffjim4069 said:
I see your point, but it certainly doesn't rise to the level of fraud. However, if one were to purchase receivers and then not be refunded the purchase price should VOOM discontinue service, then you'll hear no argument from me.

Yes that's the part that concerns me, the not getting any refund part.
I'm just not a believer in big companies making good...
This is all about a service, it's quality and how much money we allow them to seperate from our pockets.

juan said:
Come monday march 7th, 2005 , chuck and tom will probably get to show off their custom tailored orange jumpsuits and ;) ;) voom doubters (like my self) will be vindicated
I'm not a VOOM cheerleader, but that's just being mean.

justalurker said:
My satellite company is buying Rainbow1. These events may confuse things.

JL

Charlie!....is it really you? True to form, you talk a good story here, but have a problem when it comes time to deliver. Much like everything else at E*.

I see you have a grasp of html, but haven't yet mastered how to cut and paste a link.

riffjim4069 said:
If Echostar were to close its doors tomorrow, would they have to buy back all of their receivers? Why should Voom?
graphiteRT said:
I see you have a grasp of html, but haven't yet mastered how to cut and paste a link.
Further harassment will be reported.

JL

justalurker said:
If Echostar were to close its doors tomorrow, would they have to buy back all of their receivers? Why should Voom?
Further harassment will be reported.

JL
Reported to who JL? The mods, don't care cause we're not doing anything wrong. If you'd stop acting like the Mr. Know it ALL and start getting along with people wouldn't say the things they do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts