Another Newbie to FTA - looking for East Coast Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bwg

Original poster
May 17, 2011
CONUS
Hey Folks - long time "viewer" of Satellite Guys but new poster.

I've done some searching and all I can find are year(s) old posts and not much current information, so I'm seeking some help

I've been more of a lurker than anything else for the last few years, and previously did some Ku Band FTA testing. I moved into an apartment and lost my chance at Sat testing, however now I'm in a better position to start back up.

Long story short, I recently signed up for DirecTV (again after 5 years) and to my surprise, they're still carrying East Coast locals on CONUS, however as expected I cannot receive them since I haven't received waivers or live in an RV. Because of this, I'm kind of giving up on trying to get these channels from DirecTV.

Basically what this long winded post is asking, in 2006 I saw some posts saying some East Coast locals are still being broadcast FTA on C-Band (WPRU-TV(ABC - Aquadilla) on G16 to be exact). Since I can't find anything more recent, I thought I'd ask if this is still the case?

Does anyone know of any (legal, of course) Ku/Ka band FTA birds that are hosting east coast locals? What about C-Band? I'm told almost everything is gone on C-Band, but I hope this isn't true? The goal isn't necessarily just for an East Coast feed, but since I live on the West Coast (State of Washington), I'm trying to find ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC without their time delay. Having lived in the Midwest previously, I know they also don't receive any sort of time delay, so finding locals in any of these states would be valuable to me as well.

I'll be moving here shortly and was considering installing a C-Band dish if there was content available in the sky that I could pick up easily?

I appreciate everyone taking the time to assist me with this search and appreciate any and all help.

- bwg

I'd say your best way of finding the networks you want is to check the "The List" at the top of this page or go to MPEG and search there.

yes most of the nets are still there....

99W C-Band has Fox, NBC, CW in SD
ABC in HD
My Net in HD

the bandwidth used is not a lot so the picture does kinda look bad (even the HD feed isnt the best) but for an option it works
CBS is on 95W but its from Yakima, WA and isnt up 24/7 (its a partial feed)

Thank you all for the recommendations / listings of where I can find the channels!

I knew Satellite Guys could help me in my search. Looks like it'll be a while until I can setup a C-Band dish, though. I hope those channels don't disappear in 6 months!

Too bad nothing's available on Ku/Ka somewhere in the sky!

Those channels are designed for Puerto Rico/USVI cable co's. They've been there for dang 5 years now
They are the NY feeds with separate commercials and some different programming. The owners of the stations are based in Cali (if I remember)

dont mind me askng what part of wash ?, iam from there but have livd in wv for 22yr now still have fam up there.

dont mind me askng what part of wash ?, iam from there but have livd in wv for 22yr now still have fam up there.

I'm right outside of Seattle currently (apartment). Looking to move closer to central Washington this summer, missing that "country home" feel I had from when I was a kid.

Status
Please reply by conversation.