Another one bites the dust

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is "CC" Comcast?

We do have Comcast, I agree the guide is in need of some optimization, but their second set in the 1000's is a little easier, I just setup my favorites in that range. I do with they would add mirrors in the 1000's categories for the SD only channels to avoid having those few channels in the 200's, etc.

In our area most everything is HD except a few cable channels that I wasn't expecting (like TCM), and sub channels, religion, local access, etc. I'd say anything in the "top 100" cable networks is most likely in HD.

I assumed it was CableCard. Could be Cable Company I suppose...

I was considering moving on from directv but it sucks because I have charter here, they do have a decent amount of channels but their dvr is outdated, they don't have wireless receivers, they are a decade behind when it comes to receivers, I think even Comcast had better equipment than charter.
I would save a good amount of money monthly if I were to switch but I am not confident in charter providing a good whole home experience like directv does.

My contract expires in September but Charter is willing to cover the cancellation fee up to a creation amount which is no problem, the question is, do I want to invest in more money to improve my experience with TiVo? I don't know....plus charter only allows you to record an x amount of shows at a time.

Lastly I like the east coast feed for cable channels such as AMC and USA network so I can watch my favorite tv shows earlier in the day than late since I am in the west coast.

I was considering moving on from directv but it sucks because I have charter here, they do have a decent amount of channels but their dvr is outdated, they don't have wireless receivers, they are a decade behind when it comes to receivers, I think even Comcast had better equipment than charter.
I would save a good amount of money monthly if I were to switch but I am not confident in charter providing a good whole home experience like directv does.

My contract expires in September but Charter is willing to cover the cancellation fee up to a creation amount which is no problem, the question is, do I want to invest in more money to improve my experience with TiVo? I don't know....plus charter only allows you to record an x amount of shows at a time.

Lastly I like the east coast feed for cable channels such as AMC and USA network so I can watch my favorite tv shows earlier in the day than late since I am in the west coast.

Tivo is really the only way to go with Charter from what I hear.

Tivo is really the only way to go with Charter from what I hear.

Yeah, the only thing I am not fond of is the additional monthly charges for TiVo...not a fan of it at all lol. Also the # of tuners with charter...

Yeah, the only thing I am not fond of is the additional monthly charges for TiVo...not a fan of it at all lol. Also the # of tuners with charter...
I'm not sure what Charter charges for DVR, but Comcast was $19.99 / month for DVR and Tivo is $12.50/month paid on an annual basis. Just throwing it out there that it may be closer than it first appears.

Reactions: ncted

Charter should not have any control over what you are recording with a Tivo. If it's a Roamio or Bolt with 4 tuners and a multistream cable card, then you should be able to record 4 things or 6 things at a time if its a Roamio or Bolt Plus/Pro

I'm not sure what Charter charges for DVR, but Comcast was $19.99 / month for DVR and Tivo is $12.50/month paid on an annual basis. Just throwing it out there that it may be closer than it first appears.

AH I see. I did some math, so basically I would get charter triple play package at the same cost as my directv service...wtf?
So basically my Internet is already with charter, but with their bundle pricing I would be paying close to $137 a month for all 3 services for 12 months, its not bad if you ask me.
Something directv can't match, and thats with all premium channels such as HBO/Cinemax/Starz/Showtime...
With my current DirecTV even with discounts without premium channels my bill with the choice plus is already over $100 with starz and the sports pack...

The only thing I don't like is that they don't have east coast feeds.
If I do decide to go with Charter I think I would probably pick up a TiVo, not excited about the additional cost. I have two rooms, but I rather get service for 1 room then extend it to the 2nd room with a tivo mini.
Long term cost wise this sounds reasonable.

icewolf - that is basically the situation I was in. I got cable and internet for two years for $95 with their sports pack, with no equipment.

I've been very impressed with the performance of Tivo mini over the MoCA network. Rock solid with no compromises, including on demand and streaming. Tivo mini blows the DirecTV clients out of the water performance wise.

icewolf - that is basically the situation I was in. I got cable and internet for two years for $95 with their sports pack, with no equipment.

I've been very impressed with the performance of Tivo mini over the MoCA network. Rock solid with no compromises, including on demand and streaming. Tivo mini blows the DirecTV clients out of the water performance wise.
Good to hear, I hate the directv wireless client when it comes to changing channels or fast forwarding because it's slow. I might wait it out until the end of the NBA season which is another month or two since I have the league pass.
The only thing I am a bit not happy is the upfront cost would be for a TiVo plus the additional client, probably close to $400-$500...

Good to hear, I hate the directv wireless client when it comes to changing channels or fast forwarding because it's slow. I might wait it out until the end of the NBA season which is another month or two since I have the league pass.
The only thing I am a bit not happy is the upfront cost would be for a TiVo plus the additional client, probably close to $400-$500...
The DirecTV wired clients are just as slow. I think they both have the same cheap processor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts