Another one bites the dust:(

ralfyguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 17, 2005
McAlester, Oklahoma
My 622 is screwed up. The HDMI output's picture is shifted to the left and top with a 1" black bar on the bottom and to the right of the screen. It also reboots about 3 times a day. HDMI picture is as blurry as SD on HD content. I tried any setting possible, and rebooted about 4 times by unplugging the unit for 15 minutes. Every time I plug it back in, it tries to boot and then fails half way, then reboots again, and eventually comes back. The average temp is 122F and the date on it is 12/30/29. Time is 12.00am. After every reboot attempt, it counts about 6 lost locks on TV2. It doesn't lose locks while running. It used to reboot once a day ever since I got it. It's gotten worse. The component output is better, except the picture is shifted slightly to the left. Hooking my TV up to my old voom box with the same cables works absolutely fine. So it's not my TV.CC only works with Dish programming, not on OTA. The unit feels very warm, despite the fact it's standing in free air.

Unfortunately your experience is not an exception. Thank you for posting this, i am now secure in my decision to keep the 942 and wait for the engineers at Dish to catch up with their crooked business execs and put some real MPEG4 programming behind the phony MPEG4 broadcast flags. Who the xxxx do they think they are fooling? Again sorry, this scenario would make a class auctioneer's field day:) Deceptive is an understatement. Combine this with poopy hardware like the 811 and 622 and watch people start buying and renting a lot of Blu-Ray/ HDDVD content in the not so distant future.

I am disappointed with tha fact that I spent $299 for leasing a unit that held up 2 weeks. I called Dish Tech Support and explained everything, and they're sending a new unit. Hopefully this will work better. Weird is with the reboots, that L356 was supposed to take care of exactly that., but it didn't. They recommend rebooting the unit, and it seems to get worse from that. Well I tell you what: A regular computer is supposed to be shut down, and then reboot, NOT PULLING THE PLUG!!! That can damage sectors on the Hard Drive. So what about the Hard Drive in the 622, when pulling the plug?? This is BS! A $700 piece of "HIGH END HDTV Equipment" as Dish calls it, and the units behave like ALPHA versions of hardware. They are nice WHEN they work, but is any of the other big Entertainment Electronics Manufacturers releasing buggy units like Dish does? Imagine someone like Sony, Philips etc would release buggy units like this EVERY time, what a loss in reputation that would be. They're not perfect, BUT far from having this many problems with their stuff.

If you will hold your right hand over the receiver and your left hand on the Bible and say : " JESUS COMPELS YOU , JESUS COMPELS YOU, IN THE NAME OF JESUS I COMPELL YOU TO COME OUT OF THIS RECIEVER -SATAN!!!":devil:

Oh and if you can get a old priest and a young priest I hear that helps too with the exorcism. IF that doesn't work I think I can find some Voodoo rituals that will help you. :p

Just kidding, I feel your pain . I have had many , many receivers with problems over the years and eventually they will get the 622 right. Give it another couple of months and it should be fixed. In God's name we pray..........AMEN!!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts