Another one of those Dish bill questions..

emtownsend

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Post Falls, ID
Here is my most recent bill ---

AMERICA'S TOP 250 WITH LOCALS 57.99
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 5.98
DISHHD 20.00
LEASED RECEIVER FEE 6.00
PROGRAMMING ACCESS FEE 5.00

Account Charges $ 94.97
Total $ 94.97

What is up with all the fees on my account? They are getting as bad as cable!
I don't have a land-line though so I am sure that is one of the things I am being docked for....
I have a 622 and a 211...

I am sorry to hear that :/
But it still a great price.
BTW when you signed up for Dish they told you that were going to be bunch of fees.
BTW you get more channels on Dish than cable.
Trust me.

I am sorry to hear that :/
But it still a great price.
BTW when you signed up for Dish they told you that were going to be bunch of fees.
BTW you get more channels on Dish than cable.
Trust me.
They didn't tell me about all the fees. They gave me a price for the package.

And the fee for not having it hooked up to a phone line is BS. That had better go away when they enable the ethernet port. But they will prolly charge a fee for enabling ethernet!

Well they all try to make money.
Anyways the reason they want you to have your receiver installed to your phone jack is to make sure the transaction goes thru when you order ppv's.

Here is my most recent bill ---

AMERICA'S TOP 250 WITH LOCALS 57.99
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 5.98
DISHHD 20.00
LEASED RECEIVER FEE 6.00
PROGRAMMING ACCESS FEE 5.00

Account Charges $ 94.97
Total $ 94.97

What is up with all the fees on my account? They are getting as bad as cable!
I don't have a land-line though so I am sure that is one of the things I am being docked for....
I have a 622 and a 211...

Do you have your 622 hooked up to a phone line? It all looks normal to me, if you hook your dual tuner 622 up to a phone line the programming access fee will go away.

You should try the dvr advantage pack with that total you could lose the dvr fee and the locals fee. YOu could get a wireless phone jack that will allow you to connect to DISH. They sell them if you ask for them. Your bill would be like this:

49.99 dvr advantage for top 200
20.00 hd pack
10.00 bounus pack 250- this upgrades you to the top 250.
6.00 leased receiver
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
$85.99

If you don't plug in the phone to the 622 you will pay $90.99 or $5.00 more than above. YOu would still save money by doing the dvr advantage plan and you would get the same programming and no price increases for 18 months. You need to be on auto credit card pay to get the dvr advantage pack.

In addition to what the others suggested, related to the wireless phone jack, you can get one off of Ebay for a lot cheaper! I bought a set off of Ebay for something like $35. The way I looked at it, it'd pay for itself in the $5 "programming access fee". Yeah, I agree...I think it's stupid too...but that's the way it goes. I'm much happier with Dish than I was with Direct (who did not charge an access fee for no phone line) and MUCH...MUCH happier than I ever was with cable. So it's my way of just dealin' with it.