Not open for further replies.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I got a robocall on my cell phone from (supposedly) 800 888-9618 telling me I had been awarded a $950 credit to my next AT&T bill. All I had to do was go to www.att950 dot com and claim it.

Google the number and you find that scam is running a lot, with the last two digits of the phone number varying.

Sometimes it's saying you owe Verizon hundreds of dollars. Etc.

Scam, yes. Stealing your AT&T login info at the site? DK. The call back actually going to an International number, not the toll free one, and you get hit with a charge on your phone bill? DK. Variation of the "One Ring" scam? Something else? Doesn't matter. A scam is a scam. And I'm getting more of them on my cell. Land line goes to ans machine.

Doesn't your cell have a block feature to block callers/numbers you don't want to receive?

Yes, iOS 7. But you need the phone number first. So I've added all the variations I could track down to a Contact "Scam/Telemarketer" with no vibe/ring.

Question is, once you've blocked a number, does it not even show up as a recent or missed call? You just have no indication the call/text was ever made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)