Another possible dispute? : Dish v. Belo

Now that Dish has finished up the local FOX station negotiations, I bet they will use that deal to convince the smaller players that if FOX takes it, it would be good for them too.

KGW Portland Oregon

KGW has acknowledged they may pull transmission off dish on 10/31/10 at midnight. Only good thing is I don’t watch anything on this channel anyway.

This appears to be an isolated incident???

Recording OTA on a 722 If Channels ar Pulled

Here in the Phoenix area KTVK-3TV & KASW-CW6 are scheduled to be pulled from Dish tonight if the two parties don't come to an agreement.

We have the OTA unit in our 722 so we have the option of watching both local channels off sat or OTA. If they do pull the channels, how's that going to effect the guide?

3TV is an independent station here but it has a few shows during the day that my wife watches (Oprah being one) and CW6 is the local CW network channel. Dish doesn't broadcast the HD version of the CW channel so of the few shows we do watch (and record), we do using the OTA signal.

The DVR function of the 722 pulls it's recording scheduling info from the guide so my question is will Dish post a dispute announcement on the affected channels like it did for the Fox channels? If so will it be posted on only the sat guide channel and not the OTA version or on both?

Need to know because if it's going to effect the guide info so it has an impact on recording schedules I need to dust off the WMC setup in my HTPC so I can record the OTA shows to it instead of the 722.

Here in the Phoenix area KTVK-3TV & KASW-CW6 are scheduled to be pulled from Dish tonight if the two parties don't come to an agreement.

We have the OTA unit in our 722 so we have the option of watching both local channels off sat or OTA. If they do pull the channels, how's that going to effect the guide?

3TV is an independent station here but it has a few shows during the day that my wife watches (Oprah being one) and CW6 is the local CW network channel. Dish doesn't broadcast the HD version of the CW channel so of the few shows we do watch (and record), we do using the OTA signal.

The DVR function of the 722 pulls it's recording scheduling info from the guide so my question is will Dish post a dispute announcement on the affected channels like it did for the Fox channels? If so will it be posted on only the sat guide channel and not the OTA version or on both?

Need to know because if it's going to effect the guide info so it has an impact on recording schedules I need to dust off the WMC setup in my HTPC so I can record the OTA shows to it instead of the 722.

You will have to manually program your DVR. The Fisher dispute did not bother me, except a real pain to manually program the -01 OTA feed in the guide. You will not get any additional show, rerun, time change info etc.

Yay now everyone can (hopefully continue to) watch The Office every Thursday night at 8 ET :) .

Dear valued WFAA viewer,
I am happy to report we have reached a tentative agreement with DISH Network that keeps WFAA programming on their system for years to come. "Tentative" means we have to hammer out a few details, but I am confident those things can be worked out in short order.
The management of WFAA appreciates the calls and e-mails from viewers providing their viewpoint on this negotiation, and especially for the support many of you gave us. While we very much regret the uncertainty this has caused our DISH viewers, our commitment to serving North Texas communities remains strong.
Respectfully,
Mike Devlin
President and General Manager

Dear valued WFAA viewer,
I am happy to report we have reached a tentative agreement with DISH Network that keeps WFAA programming on their system for years to come. "Tentative" means we have to hammer out a few details, but I am confident those things can be worked out in short order.
The management of WFAA appreciates the calls and e-mails from viewers providing their viewpoint on this negotiation, and especially for the support many of you gave us. While we very much regret the uncertainty this has caused our DISH viewers, our commitment to serving North Texas communities remains strong.

Same working as the WHAS one...

Glad to see King5/NBC still on this morning (from Seattle). Means I won't be getting a call from my Dad, "you know channel 5 is off" and have to go into the whole explanation... :). Also means we won't have trouble with all our Commercial accts. :up:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)