Another possible E* to D*switcher

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sasserfolk

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Georgia
I see that there are many folks that are looking to switch to Directv. I am another one looking to go from Dish to Directv. I was with D* several years ago and am being lured back by the "winback" fliers.
A couple of questions:
I do not own a HD TV and every thing I see on the fliers refer to HD receivers and DVR's. Can you still get SD receivers and DVR's? Can you use the HD receivers on a SD TV?
D* announced that they will be launching Albany, Ga. locals in August (one of the reasons I left, no locals). Have they uplinked anything yet to tell what will be needed to receive them.?

I see that there are many folks that are looking to switch to Directv. I am another one looking to go from Dish to Directv. I was with D* several years ago and am being lured back by the "winback" fliers.
A couple of questions:
I do not own a HD TV and every thing I see on the fliers refer to HD receivers and DVR's. Can you still get SD receivers and DVR's? Can you use the HD receivers on a SD TV?
D* announced that they will be launching Albany, Ga. locals in August (one of the reasons I left, no locals). Have they uplinked anything yet to tell what will be needed to receive them.?

wait till august when they are launched trust me on this one.

A couple of questions:

1. You can if you want, lot of times they will give you a HD one instead (at the SD price I think).
This way, when you do get a HD set you don't need to buy new recvrs, just activate the HD portion (10 fee if you don't get in on the HD Free deal).

2.Yes, you can use a HD recvr on a SD set.

no he need to wait till his locals go live it means even if he ordered SD boxes he would get hd ones because his locals are going to be mpeg 4 but the order system wont do that till locals are active.

Ok, Our locals (Albany, Ga.) were launched yesterday and I am ready to pull the plug on E* and switch to D*. Any advice on what receivers to ask for? My current Dish set up is a Dish 625DVR for the living room and master bedroom and a 322 connected to 2 other TV's. I would like to be as close to this set up as possible but I do have one other TV in the kitchen that it would be nice to have connected. My current Dish bill is $92 a month and I want to lower it as much as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts